S. J. Green
|No. 19 Montreal Alouettes|
|Date of birth:||June 20, 1985|
|Place of birth:||Tampa, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight:||216 lb (98 kg)|
New York Jets
Career highlights and awards
|CFL East All-Star:||2011, 2012, 2013|
|Playing stats at|
Solomon Junior Green (born June 20, 1985, in Tampa, Florida) is a Canadian football slotback currently playing for the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League. He was signed by the Alouettes as a street free agent in 2007. He played college football at South Florida.
Green has also been a member of the New York Jets.
Green signed with the Alouettes in May 2007 following the 2007 NFL Draft. His first career Canadian Football League (CFL) reception came on June 29, 2007 against the Saskatchewan Roughriders. His first career touchdown was against the Edmonton Eskimos on October 31, 2008, which was the fifth game of his professional career. He was a member of the 97th Grey Cup championship team in 2009.
New York Jets
On May 18, 2010, the Jets released Green, following the first team Organized Team Activities practice of the year.
Following his release from the Jets, Green re-joined the Alouettes in time for the start of the 2010 CFL season. For the 2010 season, he recorded a career-high 10 touchdown receptions and two two-point conversions to go along with 875 receiving yards. In the 98th Grey Cup, he caught nine passes for 102 yards to help the Alouettes win their second consecutive Grey Cup championship. In 2010 and 2011, he recorded back-to-back 1000-yard seasons and was named an East Division All-Star both years. On February 13, 2013, it was announced that Green had signed a two-year contract extension that would keep him signed through to the 2014 CFL season.
- "#19 SJ Green". Montreal Alouettes. Retrieved 12 January 2010.
- Zurkowsky, Herb (January 9, 2010). "Alouettes' S.J. Green gets call from N.Y. Jets". Montreal Gazette. Retrieved 12 January 2010.[dead link]
- Naylor, David (January 3, 2010). "CFL players of interest to NFL". Toronto Globe and Mail. Retrieved 12 January 2010.
- Vrentas, Jenny (May 18, 2010). "Jets sign T Aaron Kia, waive WR S.J. Green and T Matt Stommes". The Star-Ledger. Retrieved 18 May 2010.
- Cox, Green and Deslauriers extend with Als