From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SFTP may refer to the following.
Relating to file transfer:
- SSH File Transfer Protocol, a network protocol designed to provide secure file transfer and manipulation facilities over SSH
- FTP over SSH, the practice of tunneling an FTP session over SSH, sometimes called Secure FTP
- Simple File Transfer Protocol, an unsecured and rarely used file transfer protocol from the early days of the Internet
- Serial File Transfer Protocol, a protocol used to transfer files between a PC and an embedded device using RS-232 or similar serial protocols
SFTP may also refer to:
- Screened fully shielded twisted pair, a kind of network cable, in contrast to FTP and STP
- Science for the People, a U.S. left-wing organization and magazine
- Six Flags Theme Parks, chain of amusement parks and theme parks
- Supplemental Federal Test Procedure, EPA required testing on OEM Vehicle Engines.
See also 
- FTPS, or "FTP over SSL", another name used to encompass a number of ways in which FTP software can perform secure file transfers
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.