|Type||Proprietary limited company|
|Founded||Melbourne, Australia (1995 )|
Kevin Pownall (Chief Operating Officer)
|Products||HotDog Web Editor|
Sausage Software was an Australian software company, founded by entrepreneur Steve Outtrim, which produced one of the world's most successful web editors: the HotDog web authoring tool. The product and company name have since been purchased by an Australian consulting firm, called SMS Management & Technology.
HotDog and the company became the 'dotcom darling' of the Australian media receiving a large amount of media exposure due to the young age of the company's founder and staff featuring pinball machines and a pool table in the company's reception area.
Sausage Software also invested in various other pioneering software strategies and products:
- An early micro-payment system called the eVend Cashlet
- A Java Electronic Commerce Server (JECS), a generalized middleware layer serving Java Applets with database data on request via an XML-like request/response protocol.
Their website was one of the most popular at the time, receiving 250,000 hits per day in 1996.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- "Sausage Software Copyright Information". Sausage Software. 1995. Archived from the original on 20 October 1996. Retrieved 13 April 2010.
- "NetBloke.com - What happened to Sausage Software?". Retrieved 13 April 2010.
- "Who's Who at Sausage Software". Sausage Software. 1995. Archived from the original on 21 December 1996. Retrieved 13 April 2010.
- O’Neill, Rob: "Creative anarchy recipe of Sausage's success", Computerworld, Auckland, 19 October 1996
- Lebihan, Rachel: "Sausage to raise $17million", ZDNet Australia, 7 May 2001
- King, Agnes: "The Sausage maker jumps from barbie to pool", ARN, 3 July 2000
- Carton, Sean: "Hot Links and Snaglets", Wired, 28 May 1997
- Smith, Douglas: "Sausage Software Reptile: Create Funky Backgrounds", WinPlanet, n.d.
- CobraBoy: "Business Editors/Computer Writers", eVEND, Melbourne, Australia (Business Wire), 5 May 1997
- "Clients: Sausage Software", System Solutions Pty Ltd, 2007
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (1996). Charter. Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia. p. 29. Retrieved 19 December 2011.