Scott Evans (actor)
September 21, 1983 |
|Relatives||Chris Evans (brother)|
Scott Evans (born September 21, 1983) is an American actor, best known for his role as the police officer Oliver Fish on the ABC daytime soap opera One Life to Live. He is the younger brother of actor Chris Evans.
Born in Sudbury, Massachusetts, Evans is the son of Bob Evans, a dentist, and dancer Lisa. He has two sisters, Carly (older) and Shanna (younger), and one brother, Chris (older), who is also an actor. He studied theatre at New York University. Evans is openly gay.
Evans began playing the recurring role of police officer Oliver Fish on One Life to Live on January 15, 2008. He subsequently appeared briefly on Guiding Light as Trey in 2008, and guest-starred as Woody Sage in the June 22, 2008 Law and Order: Criminal Intent episode "Betrayed" as well as the role of Ben in the October 21, 2008 Fringe episode "The Cure." Evans was also seen as Chad the Mail Clerk in the 2009 film Confessions of a Shopaholic.
Initially brought in to One Life to Live for five episodes, Evans returned several times. In July 2009, his character Oliver Fish became involved in a romantic relationship with another man. The storyline came to wider attention when Patricia Mauceri, an actress who had played a recurring role on the One Life to Live since 1995, was replaced after reportedly voicing personal religious objections to her character's involvement in his storyline. Evans was later outed as gay by his brother Chris.
|2008||Guiding Light||Trey||TV series (2 episodes)|
|2008||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Woody Sage (Scott Woodley)||TV series (Episode: "Betrayed")|
|2008-2010||One Life to Live||Oliver Fish||TV series (138 episodes)|
|2008||Fringe||Ben||TV series (1 episode: "The Cure")|
|2009||Confessions of a Shopaholic||Chad|
|2010||Rubicon||Joe Purcell||TV series (1 episode: "Wayward Sons")|
|2010||Law and Order||Thomas Moran||TV series (1 episode: "Steel-Eyed Death")|
|2011||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Shane Berlin||TV series (Episode: "Trophy Wine")|
|2012||White Collar||Dennis Flynn||TV series (2 episodes)|
- Krebs, Sean (December 14, 2009). "Behind The Scenes: The Scott Evans Cover Shoot". Instinct. Retrieved December 16, 2009.
- Jensen, Michael (June 15, 2009). "Exclusive: Scott Evans' First Interview". AfterElton.com. Retrieved July 21, 2009.
- Voss, Brandon (February 2009). "A List: Chris Evans". The Advocate. Issue #1023. Advocate.com. Retrieved July 21, 2009.
- Keck, William (September 9, 2004). "Chris Evans' career ready to sizzle". USA Today. Retrieved December 10, 2007.
- "Interview with Scott Evans". akawilliam.com. June 18, 2009). Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- "One Life to Live recap (1/15/08)". Soaps.com. Retrieved March 7, 2010.
- Fairman, Michael (July 2, 2009). "Soapside: Advocate 's Guide to Daytime". Advocate.com. Retrieved July 2, 2009.
- "Chris Evans Outed Bro Scott in The Advocate", The Advocate, 30 December 2009, retrieved 8 March 2012
- Chris Evans Brother Scott Evans is Gay HollywoodGrind. Hollywoodgrind.com. Retrieved on 2012-07-16.