Sean Barrett (actor)
4 May 1940 |
Hampstead, London, England
Seán Barrett (born 4 May 1940, Hampstead, London, England, UK) is an English actor and voice actor.
Television and film appearances
Years later he made many appearances in television and films including ITV Television Playhouse, Z-Cars, The Wednesday Play, Cast a Giant Shadow, Emergency-Ward 10, Chronicle, Armchair Theatre, Hell Boats, Moonstrike, Attack on the Iron Coast, Softly, Softly, The Terrorists, Robin Hood Junior, BBC Play of the Month, The Zoo Robbery, Paul of Tarsus, Tales of the Unexpected, Father Ted, Holby City, Brush Strokes, Minder, Poldark, Noah's Ark and Theatre 625.
Voice actor and narrator
In the early 1980s, Barrett went on to voice acting. He has performed the voices of Tik-Tok in Return to Oz, a Goblin in Labyrinth, Big Mac and other characters in TUGS, Thadius Vent's soothsayer Goodtooth in Oscar's Orchestra, the clumsy old Melchoir in the English dubbed version of the Lapitch the Little Shoemaker TV series, Roly the Pineapple in the English version of The Fruities and UrSu the Dying Master and UrZah the Ritual-Guardian in The Dark Crystal as well as additional characters in two video games The Feeble Files and Viking: Battle for Asgard. He also provided the voice for Captain Orion in Star Fleet, the English version of the 1980s Japanese puppet series X-Bomber.
He also narrated Fair Ground!, Timewatch and Dark Towers for BBC, dubbed voices in many anime films such as Roujin Z, Cyber City Oedo 808 and Dominion: Tank Police and has done voices for several audiobooks and radio stations.
In 1996, he was the narrator for the Channel 4 documentary series, Black Box. The series primarily concentrated on commercial aviation accidents, and the investigations related to them.
Barrett also worked as part of an ADR Loop Group on Aardman's first computer-animated film Flushed Away, a voice director on Lapitch the Little Shoemaker and a dialogue director on The Fruities. He has also narrated episodes of the BBC TV series People's Century and Dancing in the Street, as well as a number of BBC nature documentaries in the late 1990s and early 2000s.
In 2011, he voiced Andre of Astora, Petrus of Thorolund and Ingward in Dark Souls.
- Captain Orion from Star Fleet (1982)
- UrSu the Dying Master and UrZah the Ritual-Guardian from The Dark Crystal (1982)
- Tik-Tok from Return to Oz (1986)
- Goblin from Labyrinth (1986)
- Big Mac, Hercules, Captain Zero, Zebedee, Johnny Cuba, Sea Rogue, Fire Chief, Bluenose, Scuttlebutt Pete, Jack the Grappler, The Pirates, Nantucket, Blair, and Frank from TUGS (1989)
- Inspector Zenigata from Secret of Mamo (1978) and Goodbye Lady Liberty (1989)
- Gorwen the Dragon from Look and Read: Through The Dragon's Eye (1989)
- Gogul (Gabimaru Rikiya) from Cyber City Oedo 808 (1990)
- Roly from The Fruities (1990)
- Silver Mask from The Heroic Legend of Arslan (1991)
- 1st Ache from Roujin Z (1991)
- Inspector Kono from Tokyo Babylon (1992)
- Lt Britain from Dominion: Tank Police (1992)
- Lt Britain from New Dominion Tank Police (1993)
- Goodtooth from Oscar's Orchestra (1994)
- Melchoir from Lapitch the Little Shoemaker (2000)
- Naghib from Renaissance (2006)
- Le Sage Yadoa from Azur & Asmar: The Princes' Quest (2006)
- Doc from A Fox's Tale (2008)
- His Dark Materials – Lord Asriel/ Iorek Byrnison
- Bleak House by Charles Dickens – One of two narrators with Teresa Gallagher
- Muhammad: His Life Based on the Earliest Sources by Martin Lings – Narrator
- The Redeemer by Jo Nesbø – Narrator
- The Snowman by Jo Nesbø – Narrator
- The Leopard by Jo Nesbø – Narrator
- The Bat by Jo Nesbø – Narrator
- Perfume by Patrick Suskind – Narrator
- The Left Hand of God (novel) by Paul Hoffman – Narrator
- Of Human Bondage (novel) by W. Somerset Maugham -Narrator
- A Passion for Killing (novel) by Barbara Nadel - Narrator
- Molloy by Samuel Beckett - Narrator
- Malone Dies by Samuel Beckett - Narrator
- The Unnamable by Samuel Beckett - Narrator
- Lennox by Craig Russell - Narrator
- The Long Glasgow Kiss by Craig Russell - Narrator
- The Deep Dark Sleep by Craig Russell - Narrator
- Dead Men and Broken Hearts by Craig Russell - Narrator
- Berlin: The Downfall 1945 by Antony Beevor - Narrator
- Young Stalin by Simon Sebag Montefiore - Narrator
- http://www.thesmiths.cat/category/posters-collection/page/3/ Sean Barrett at thesmiths.cat.Retrieved 23 April 2012
- David Bret (2004) Morrissey: Scandal & Passion: p.58