From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Sequoia, Sequoyah, sequoia, or sequoias in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Sequoia or Sequoyah or Sequoya may refer to:
- Sequoyah (1767–1843), inventor of the Cherokee syllabary, after whom many or all of the following may be named.
- Sequoioideae, a subfamily of the cypress family.
- Canyon, California, formerly Sequoya
- Whitlow, California, formerly Sequoia
- Sequoyah, Oklahoma, small unincorporated community in northeastern Oklahoma
- Sequoyah County, Oklahoma, county in mid-eastern Oklahoma bordering Arkansas.
- Sequoia National Park, a national park in the southern Sierra Nevada in the United States of America, famous for its giant Sequoia trees, including the largest tree in the world.
- Sequoia National Forest, in the southern Sierra Nevada mountains of California, adjacent to the Sequoia National Park, and famous as well for its giant Sequoia trees.
- Sequoia Park Zoo, located in Eureka, California
- Giant Sequoia National Monument, in eastern central California
- Mount Sequoyah, mountain in the Great Smoky Mountains
- State of Sequoyah, attempt in the early 20th century by Native Americans to form their own state
- Sequoia Falco, a light, acrobatic aircraft
- Toyota Sequoia, a sport utility vehicle
- USS Sequoia, more than one United States Navy ship
- USS Sequoyah (SP-426), a patrol boat in commission from 1917 to 1919
- Sequoia High School (disambiguation), several schools
- Sequoyah High School (Georgia), public school in Canton, Georgia
- Sequoyah High School (Tahlequah, Oklahoma), high school and Native American boarding school in Tahlequah, Oklahoma
- Sequoyah High School (Claremore, Oklahoma), public school
- Sequoyah School, a non-profit, independent alternative school in Pasadena, California
- Sequoia Middle School (disambiguation), several schools
- Sequoyah Public Schools, independent school district in Sequoyah, Oklahoma
- Sequoia University, former American degree mill
- Sequoia Hall, home of the Statistics Department of Stanford University
Science and technology
- 1103 Sequoia, a minor planet
- Sequoia, the development code name of Apple Computer's HFS Plus file system
- IBM Sequoia, codename for an IBM supercomputer sited at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.
- MAGIX Sequoia, a digital audio workstation
Businesses and organizations
- Sequoyah Nuclear Generating Station, a nuclear power plant abutting Chickamauga Lake, on the Tennessee River
- Sequoia Capital, a venture capital firm
- Sequoia Hospital, Redwood City, California
- Sequoia Voting Systems, a California-based company that is one of the largest providers of electronic voting systems in the U.S.
- Sequoia Fund, a Ruane, Cunniff, and Goldfarb investment fund
- Sequoia Field, a public airport near Visalia, California
- Tour Sequoia, an office skyscraper in Paris, France
- Sequoia Throne, a 2008 song by progressive metal band Protest the Hero
- Sequoia (comics), a Marvel Comics' character
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.