|Head chef||Robbie Millar|
|Food type||Modern European|
|Street address||150 Crawfordsburn Road|
The restaurant, designed by Terence Conran, had an unusual set up. The main restaurant is in the basement while the balcony is used for Al fresco dining. The ground floor is mainly used as reception area and bar. The Californian styled restaurant was located on the grounds of the Blackwood Golf Course.
- "Michelin Maps & Guides: maps, atlas, travel guides, Michelin Guide". Michelinonline.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- Coleman, Maureen (20 January 2005). "It's a perfect ten for star-struck Shanks". HighBeam Research. Retrieved 3 May 2012. (subscription required)
- Michelin Great Britain & Ireland 2000. 2000. p. 845. ISBN 2 06006579 8.
- "Shanks Restaurant Bangor Co Down". Myguideireland.com. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "UK | Northern Ireland | Chef 'died of multiple injuries'". BBC News. 2006-05-31. Retrieved 2013-09-15.