She Called Up
|"She Called Up"|
|Single by Crowded House|
|from the album Time on Earth|
|A-side||"She Called Up"|
|Released||17 September 2007|
|Crowded House singles chronology|
"She Called Up" was written by Crowded House leader and main songwriter Neil Finn and was intended as a solo effort, but as his third album was converted into the new album for his band Crowded House, the song was released as a Crowded House offering. "She Called Up" is one of only four from the fourteen tracks from Time on Earth that includes the full lineup of Finn, bassist Nick Seymour, guitarist/keyboardist Mark Hart and newcomer drummer Matt Sherrod as Crowded House. Observations have been made that the song resembles Finn's songwriting of the Split Enz era.
The music video, directed by English director Robert Hales (known for his work on the music video for the songs "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley and "Look What You've Done" by Jet), is set in a small theatre where a class of children stand up on the stage on tiered platforms singing the song. The camera periodically zooms in and out of selected children who are shown playing instruments and singing along to the song.
All songs were written by Neil Finn.
- "She Called Up" – 2:54
- "So Dramatic" – 3:38
- "People Are Like Suns (Piano version)" – 3:52
- "She Called Up" (video)
- Neil Finn - Guitars and vocals
- Mark Hart - Piano and backing vocals
- Nick Seymour - Bass guitars and backing vocals
- Matt Sherrod - Drums and percussion
- SirenDisc.com Siren Disc.COM Catalog Search, retrieved 13 August 2007.
- Stephen Thomas Erlewine, allmusic ((( Time on Earth > Overview ))), published June 2007, retrieved 19 August 2007.
- JR Griffin, Filter-Mag.com, published 9 July 2007, retrieved 19 August 2007.
- Kaneshiro, Jason; The Best Crowded House Songs. She Called Up. Published by Webomatica on 6 August 2007. Retrieved 24 November 2007.
- "She Called Up" music video, Video on YouTube, retrieved 5 September 2007.
|This 2000s rock single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|