Sheridan Township, Huron County, Michigan
|Sheridan Township, Michigan|
|• Total||36.2 sq mi (93.7 km2)|
|• Land||36.2 sq mi (93.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||758 ft (231 m)|
|• Density||20.3/sq mi (7.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1627066|
- Appin was a settlement founded by people from Scotland. It had a post office from 1894 until 1904.
- Ivanhoe is an unincorporated community in the Township on W. Atwater Road and M-53/S. Van Dyke Road with an elevation of 748 feet.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.2 square miles (93.7 km²), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 736 people, 257 households, and 200 families residing in the township. The population density was 20.3 per square mile (7.9/km²). There were 279 housing units at an average density of 7.7 per square mile (3.0/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 98.51% White, 0.41% Native American, 0.14% from other races, and 0.95% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.27% of the population.
There were 257 households out of which 37.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 65.4% were married couples living together, 6.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 21.8% were non-families. 19.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.82 and the average family size was 3.22.
In the township the population was spread out with 28.7% under the age of 18, 7.1% from 18 to 24, 28.7% from 25 to 44, 23.4% from 45 to 64, and 12.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 98.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 104.3 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $39,850, and the median income for a family was $45,583. Males had a median income of $31,875 versus $22,054 for females. The per capita income for the township was $19,065. About 3.9% of families and 6.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.1% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Sheridan Township, Huron County, Michigan
- Walter Romig. Michigan Place Names (Grosse Pointe, Michigan: Walter Romig, not dated) p. 26
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Ivanhoe, Michigan & GNIS in Google Map