Shot in the Dark is the second studio album by the American hard rock band Great White, released in 1986. It was originally released by Greenworld Entertainment and subsequently picked up and re-issued by Capitol Records. The original issue featured a different intro to "She Shakes Me" (which was titled "Shake Me"), as well as a completely different recording of "Run Away". These early versions made it to CD on a Japanese edition of 2005. Great White's music in this album shows the transition from the pure heavy metal of the first album to a more blues-influenced style of hard rock, paying homage to the great rock bands of the 70s, like Led Zeppelin and AC/DC.
The original CD release was on the Razor & Tie label and was remastered by Steve Hoffman, famous for his audiophile masterings for the DCC and Audio Fidelity labels.
- "She Shakes Me" (Mark Kendall, Jack Russell, Alan Niven) - 3:25
- "What Do You Do" (M. Kendall, A. Niven, Michael Lardie) - 4:13
- "Face the Day" (John Brewster, Bernard Neeson, Rick Brewster) - 5:20
- "Gimme Some Lovin'" (Steve Winwood, Spencer Davis, Muff Winwood) - 3:52
- "Shot in the Dark" (M. Kendall, A. Niven) - 4:52
- "Is Anybody There?" (Jerry Lynn Williams, J. Russell) - 4:57
- "Run Away" (J. L. Williams, A. Niven) - 4:18
- "Waiting for Love" (J. L. Williams, M. Kendall, A. Niven) - 4:19
- Michael Lardie - keyboards, backing vocals, producer, engineer
- Jim Lang - keyboards
- Tyana Parr, Donald Ducksworth - backing vocals
- Wyn Davis - producer, engineer
- Alan Niven - producer on "Face The Day"
Album - Billboard (North America)
||The Billboard 200