Sierra Vista Municipal Airport
|Sierra Vista Municipal Airport
Libby Army Airfield
|IATA: FHU – ICAO: KFHU – FAA LID: FHU|
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Operator||City of Sierra Vista and
United States Army
|Serves||Sierra Vista, Arizona|
|Elevation AMSL||4,719 ft / 1,438 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Sierra Vista Municipal Airport (IATA: FHU, ICAO: KFHU, FAA LID: FHU), a joint-use civil-military airport which shares facilities with Libby Army Airfield, is located on Fort Huachuca in Sierra Vista, a city and U.S. Army installation in Cochise County, Arizona, United States. The airport has three runways and one helipad. It is mostly used for military aviation for the surrounding military base.
As per Federal Aviation Administration records, the airport had 1,304 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2005 and 2,041 enplanements in 2006. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2007–2011, Sierra Vista is a general aviation airport (the commercial service category requires at least 2,500 passenger boardings per year). Scheduled commercial service by Great Lakes Airlines to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport ended on February 28, 2007.
Facilities and aircraft
- Runway 8/26: 12,001 x 150 ft (3,658 x 46 m), Surface: Concrete
- Runway 12/30: 5,366 x 100 ft (1,636 x 30 m), Surface: Asphalt/Concrete
- Runway 3/21: 4,285 x 75 ft (1,306 x 23 m), Surface: Asphalt/Concrete
- Helipad H1: 40 x 40 ft (12 x 12 m), Surface: Asphalt
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2006, the airport had 157,184 aircraft operations, an average of 430 per day: 74% military, 24% general aviation, 1% scheduled commercial and <1% air taxi. There are 118 aircraft based at this airport: 59% single engine, 24% military, 7% multi engine, 7% helicopters and 3% ultralights.
- FAA Airport Master Record for FHU ( PDF), effective 2007-10-25
- FAA Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data: 2006
- FAA National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems: 2007-2011
- "Commercial air service to Sierra Vista Municipal Airport to end March 1st". City of Sierra Vista press release. 2007-02-02.
- Sierra Vista Municipal Airport at City of Sierra Vista web site
- Sierra Vista Municipal Airport (FHU) at Arizona DOT airport directory
- Libby Army Airfield at GlobalSecurity.org
- Sierra Vista Aero Association
- (PDF), effective June 26, 2014
- FAA Terminal Procedures for FHU, effective June 26, 2014
- Resources for this airport:
|This Arizona airport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|