|Fabless Semiconductor Company|
|Headquarters||San Jose, California (Headquarters)|
|Paul Russo - Founder, Chairman|
Silicon Optix Inc was a privately held fabless semiconductor company that designed and manufactured video/image digital processing integrated circuits. Originally a division of Genesis Microchip, Silicon Optix was spun off in 2000 by Paul Russo, the CEO of Genesis Microchip at the time. Silicon Optix acquired Teranex and its patents on the GAPP, which it incorporated into some of their products.
In June 2008, Flexible Picture Systems (FPS) acquired the box systems business from Silicon Optix, and became the exclusive manufacturer and source for the Image AnyPlace video/graphics scaler with Geometry Correction and Edge Blending. Since 2008, Flexible Picture Systems has continued to develop products based on Silicon Optix video processing technology, and introduced the Image AnyPlace-200 in 2009, and OmniScale-200 in 2010.
In June 2009, Jupiter Systems acquired the Teranex division (based in Orlando) of Silicon Optix.
- Article in Insight Media
- "Flexible Picture Systems Acquires Silicon Optix's Image AnyPlace and Whitehorse Product Lines"
- IDT Acquires Silicon Optix Assets and Technology on Silicon Optix web pages
- IDT Acquires Silicon Optix Assets and Technology on IDT web pages
- GEO Semiconductor - Technology
- Jupiter Systems Announces Acquisition of Teranex on Jupiter web pages
|This technology article about a corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|