From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Soft soap can refer to one of the following:
- a general purpose soap that is liquid or easily soluble, as opposed to a hard soap which will only dissolve sparingly.
- a hygiene product made exclusively from natural oils. In this case "soft" prefix is a reference to it being "softer on nature" than regular, synthetic soaps.
- a term for "flattery" and "blarney", especially when applied to ingratiating praise intended to persuade, cajole or wheedle a favor. Cheaper oils and potash were used in making softer soaps, and so they were less effective, but the expression connotes persuasive flattery.
- a logical fallacy using insincere flattery or praise to weaken the opponent in a debate.
- Softsoap (without a space) is the trade name of a liquid soap product.
- Soft Soap TV is a weekly community soap opera open to all local residents of Pitsmoor, Sheffield in the UK. Characters are played by soft toys chromakeyed over photographs of local locations.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.