|This article does not cite any references or sources. (February 2007)|
|Lower Peninsula of Michigan|
Southern Michigan is a loosely defined geographic area of the U.S. state of Michigan. Southern Michigan may be referred to as a sub-region or component area to other regions of the Lower Peninsula of Michigan. It is an area of rolling farmland, indluding the Irish Hills. The region shares a state border with Indiana and Ohio.
Depending on the viewer's perspective, the area known as Southern Michigan can fall into three well defined and larger regions of the state:
- West Michigan can be used to describe the area surrounding Kalamazoo and Battle Creek, which share similarities with other cities in Michiana and on the Lake Michigan shore.
- Southeast Michigan includes Metro Detroit and outlying cities such as Ann Arbor, Adrian, and Jackson
- List of counties in Michigan
- Mid or Central Michigan
- West Michigan
- Southeastern Michigan
- Lower Peninsula of Michigan
- Lansing metropolitan area
- Clarke Historical Library, Central Michigan University, Bibliography on Michigan (arranged by counties and regions)
- Michigan Geology -- Clarke Historical Library, Central Michigan University.
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources website, harbors, hunting, resources and more.
- Info Michigan, detailed information on 630 cities
- List of Museums, other attractions compiled by state government.
- Michigan's Official Economic Development and Travel Site.
- "Historic Light Station Information and Photography: Michigan". United States Coast Guard Historian's Office.
- Map of Michigan Lighthouse in PDF Format.
|This Michigan state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|