|Daily ridership||Based on Jan-Dec of 2012.
Line 1: 8,730
|Date opened||December 23, 1975|
|Platforms/tracks||2 / 2|
Soyosan Station is a ground-level metro station on Line 1 of the Seoul Subway in Sangbongam Dong, Dongducheon, South Korea. It is named after the nearby Soyosan (587m), a mountain beside the U.S. Army base Camp Casey. It is on this mountain, at the Jajae'am Hermitage, that the Buddhist Saint Wonhyo is said to have reached enlightenment. Travel time between Soyosan station and Seoul Station via Seoul Subway Line 1 is approximately 78 minutes.
The station opened for business on January 11, 1976 and the station building was completed on September 21, 1982. This building was closed twenty-four years later, on May 7, 2006 and a temporary building erected in its place. Meanwhile, Line 1 of the Seoul Subway was being extended north through the city of Dongducheon, and Soyosan became its northern terminus, with a new station building completed, on December 15, 2006.
|1||Gyeongwon Line||Seoul Subway Line 1||Dongducheon • Uijeongbu • Cheongnyangni • Incheon|
|2||Gyeongwon Line||Tonggeun||Jeongok • Yeoncheon • Sintan-ri • Dongducheon|
|1||Soyosan / Soyo Branch Fire Substation / Soyosan Pleasure Ground / Jayusuhopeyonghwa Museum||36 36-5 37 39 39-1 39-4 39-5 50-5 53 53-1 53-2 53-3 53-5 53-6 53-7 53-8 53-9 54|
- Monthly Number of Passengers between General Railroad Stations. Korea Transportation Database, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- Monthly Number of Passengers between Subway Stations. Korea Transportation Database, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- "한국관광공사여행정보사이트 - 소요산 (Hanguk Gwangwang Gongsa Yeohaeng Jeongbo Saiteu - Soyosan)". VisitKorea Tourism Association. Retrieved 2007-11-20.[dead link]
- "Mt.Soyosan (Jajaeam Retreat)". Gyeonggi-do Provincial Council. Retrieved 2007-11-20.
- "소요산역 (Soyosan Yeok)". Naver (Korean). Retrieved 2007-11-20.
- "다른마을소식 (Dareun Maeul Sosik)". Yangju City Council (Korean). Retrieved 2007-11-20.[dead link]
- 정보공개 공개자료실, Korail (Y2009: 철도정보 일반자료실)
- VisitKorea article on Soyosan
- Historical article on Soyosan Station (in Korean)
- Trainspotters society page on Soyosan Station
|Preceding station||Korail||Following station|
|Preceding station||Seoul Metropolitan Subway||Following station|
|This article about a railway station in South Korea is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|