||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (March 2009)|
Spark Networks, Inc. (NYSE MKT: LOV) owns many special-interest online personal sites, such as ChristianMingle.com, JDate.com, BlackSingles.com, SilverSingles.com, LDSSingles.com, and CatholicMingle.com; it also owns the general-interest site Spark.com. Former CEO Adam Berger referred to it as "niche" dating.
Spark was started in 1997 by Joe Y. Shapira. David Siminoff formerly served as Chief Executive Officer. The current leadership consists of Michael McConnell, who will serve as Executive Chairman during the transition period, Brett A. Zane as CFO and Gregory J. Franchina as CIO. This comes after the departure of former President & Chief Executive Officer, Gregory R. Liberman, which was effective as of August 11, 2014. Previously based in Beverly Hills, California it is now based in Los Angeles, California with additional offices in Lehi, Utah.
In January 2005 the company changed its name to Spark Networks from its original name MatchNet plc because management felt that Spark Networks name more sharply distinguished the company in the marketplace.
Christian Mingle has more than 10 million members. 10,000 people join Christian Mingle daily. The ChristianMingle.com website uses the promotional slogan, "Find God's match for you;" Christian Mingle's "free membership" does not include contacting other users.
In 2013, the company authorized the repurchase of $5 million of its outstanding common stock as a reflection of confidence in the long-term business.
- "Niche websites help picky singles find love". Canada.com. June 16, 2008. Retrieved March 6, 2012.
- Alfonsi, Sharyn; Thompson, Victoria (June 18, 2010). "As Dating Pool Shrinks, Love Matches Grow". ABC News. Retrieved March 6, 2012.
- "Parent of Dating Sites Looks for a Match". The New York Times. 2008-01-04. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- "Spark Networks(R) Announces Departure of Greg Liberman as President and CEO". http://investor.spark.net. Spark Networks. Retrieved October 30, 2014.
- "10 million members".
- "Spark Networks, Inc. Announces $5 Million Stock Repurchase Program". Yahoo Finance. 2013-12-16. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- Official website www.spark.net
|This article about an internet company of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|