|Industry||Software, video games|
|Jeff Vogel — President|
|Products||Demoware video game|
Spiderweb Software is a small indie video game developer founded in 1994 by Jeff Vogel in Seattle, Washington. Its primary focus is on creating demoware games for the Apple Macintosh, Microsoft Windows, Android and the iPad. Spiderweb Software is also known for emphasizing storytelling and turn-based gameplay and using a retro style of graphics.
Spiderweb Software is most notable for the following RPG video games:
- The Exile trilogy of underground adventures.
- Blades of Exile, a non-canonical continuation featuring a scenario creation kit.
- Nethergate, a fantasy game based upon the Roman occupation of Britain. The game was eventually revamped under the title Nethergate: Resurrection.
- The first Avernum trilogy, which are expanded updates of the Exile series, using the Nethergate game engine, with several enhancements to the visual design and gameplay.
- Blades of Avernum, a non-canonical continuation featuring a scenario creation kit.
- The five-part Geneforge series, notable for its unique gameplay involving the creation of creatures to assist the player.
- The Second Avernum trilogy, continuing and ultimately finishing the story of Avernum, using a variation of the Geneforge game engine.
- Avadon: The Black Fortress, the first game in a new trilogy. Avadon features a new game setting, interface, and combat system.
- Avernum: Escape From the Pit and Avernum 2: Crystal Souls, the first two games in a series of ground-up rewrites of the first Avernum trilogy, with new graphics and sound effects and an expanded storyline. 
The company previously provided distribution services and other support for other shareware developers, including Richard White and Crystal Shard. In June 2007, Jeff Vogel announced that the company would no longer be supporting games by other developers, and they are no longer available for download through Spiderweb's main site.
- Exile II: Crystal Souls – 1996 "Shareware Game of the Year" (Honorable Mention), Wasson, Gregory (October 1996). "1996 MacUser Shareware Awards". MacUser.
- Exile III: Ruined World – "Shareware Game of the Year", "1998 Shareware Award Winners". Computer Gaming World. October 1998.
- Nethergate – "RPG of the Year" (Honorable Mention), Computer Games Magazine
- Geneforge 4: Rebellion – "Indie RPG of the year" GameBanshee 
- The Bottom Feeder: How Many Games I Sell, Part Two
- Spiderweb Software Older Games
- Avernum Series Main Page
- "Spiderweb Software's homepage". Retrieved March 24, 2010.
- Vogel, Jeff (February 26, 2010). "Avernum 6 For Windows Released". Retrieved March 24, 2010. "I am making a whole new game world, game engine"
- http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/avadon2/. Retrieved October 30, 2013. Missing or empty
- RPGamer Interview
- PC Gamer Article
- Announcement of end of SubTerra distribution from Spiderweb Software's website
- Inside Mac Games Article