From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Spinal)
|Look up spine or spinal in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Spine or Spinal may refer to:
- Dendritic spine, a specialized postsynaptic protrusion in dendrites implicated in learning and memory through synaptic plasticity
- Thorns, spines, and prickles, needle-like structures in plants
- SPINE (molecular biology), an acronym for Strep-Protein INteraction Experiment, a method for the detection of protein interactions
- Spine (zoology), needle-like structures in animals
- Vertebral column, commonly known as the backbone or spine, so named for its spinous processes
- Lumbar puncture, a colloquial term for a medical procedure, which is referred to as a spinal tap
- Spinal anaesthesia, a type of regional anaesthetic
- Spinal adjustment, a specific procedure used by a chiropractor
- Spinal canal or spinal cavity, a tube shaped space enclosed in and protected by the bony vertebral column
- Spinal cord, the bundle of nerve cells and nerve fibers within the vertebral column subject to spinal cord injury
- Spinal nerves which are distal to the dorsal and ventral spinal nerve roots
- Spine (journal), a bi-weekly peer-reviewed journal of spine surgery, published by Lippincott
- The Spine Journal, bi-monthly peer-reviewed journal, published by Elsevier
- Processes of bones, including:
- Ilium: anterior inferior iliac spine (AIIS), anterior superior iliac spine (ASIS), posterior inferior iliac spine, and posterior superior iliac spine
- Ischial spine
- Mandible: mental spine
- Nasal bone:
- Spine of scapula
- Sphenoid bone: spine of sphenoid bone (spina angularis) and ethmoidal spine
- The Spine, a set of national services used by the NHS Care Record Service (an electronic patient record system)
- SPINE (software), an open source Web content management system
- In mathematics, the Lebesgue spine
- A health journal.
- The Spine, a 2004 They Might Be Giants album, including the songs "Spine" and "Spines"
- The Spine (film), a 2009 animated short by Chris Landreth
- Spinal (Killer Instinct), a fictional character from the video game Killer Instinct
- Spinal Tap (band), a semi-fictional heavy metal band
- Spine, a demon in Blood Beast, 2007 book of the Demonata saga
- the Spine, the mountain chain which follows the west coast in the Inheritance cycle.
- The Spine, a singing automaton in the band Steam Powered Giraffe
- In archery, a measure of stiffness of an arrow shaft
- Spine with marrow (hieroglyph), an Egyptian language biliteral sign
- In bookbinding, the closed edge of the book along which the pages are bound
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.