Stanwood (Amtrak station)
|Address||27111 Florence Way
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Opened||November 21, 2009|
|Passengers (2013)||4,255 0.4%|
Stanwood is a railroad station in Stanwood, Washington, USA that opened on November 21, 2009, with service on Amtrak's Cascades. Construction was originally slated to begin in January 2009, with the stop expected to open in the following June, but by November 2008 was expected to begin in March 2009 with the opening in September. The discovery of lead contamination on the project site further pushed back the opening of the station to mid-November 2009. The projected cost varies between $4.2 million and $5 million. Amtrak's Cascades makes four daily stops at the station. Island Transit provides connecting bus service to locations on Camano Island.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2013, State of Washington" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "Amtrak Cascades to Make New Stop at Stanwood, Washington Station: Twice Daily Service Begins November 21". Amtrak press release 09-091. November 16, 2009. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
- Fiege, Gale (November 5, 2008). "Stanwood's Amtrak train stop on schedule". The Herald. Retrieved 2008-12-02.
- Fiege, Gale (January 28, 2009). "Stanwood rail crossing set for closure". The Herald. Retrieved 2009-02-17.
- Fiege, Gale (September 21, 2009). "Eagerly anticipated Stanwood train platform late, over budget". The Herald. Retrieved 2009-10-18.
- Pesznecker, Scott (April 21, 2008). "Stanwood to join Amtrak line". The Herald. Retrieved 2008-04-21.
- "Train soon will stop again in Stanwood". The News Tribune. November 14, 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-14.[dead link]
Media related to Stanwood (Amtrak station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Amtrak – Stations – Stanwood
- WSDOT - Project - Rail - Stanwood - New station
- WSDOT plan for the station from 2006
- Stanwood (STW) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)
|This Washington train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|