Stefano Zappalà (born on 6 February 1941 in Aci Bonaccorsi) is an Italian politician and Member of the European Parliament for Central with the Forza Italia, part of the European People's Party and is vice-chair of the European Parliament's Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
He is a substitute for the Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection, a member of the Delegation for relations with the Palestinian Legislative Council and a substitute for the Delegation to the EU-Kazakhstan, EU-Kyrgyzstan and EU-Uzbekistan Parliamentary Cooperation Committees, and for relations with Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Mongolia.
- 1960-1962: Military Academy of Modena
- 1962-1964: Artillery College (Turin)
- 1971-1973: higher technical course (Rome)
- 1964: graduate in strategic sciences
- 1973: degree in mathematics
- 1976: degree in civil engineering
- until 1979: Officer in the Italian army
- 1980-1994: self-employed engineer and businessman
- since 1994: Deputy coordinator for Forza Italia, Lazio
- 1997-2002: Member of Latina City Council
- 1995-2000: Member of Lazio Regional Council
- since 2002: Mayor of Pomezia, Rome
- since 1999: Member of the European Parliament
- Official website of Stefano Zappala': www.zappalaonline.org
- European Parliament biography of Stefano Zappala'
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (Italian)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Italy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|