|Born||1975 (age 39–40)|
Stephen A. Rippy (born 1975) is an American composer.
Life and career
Rippy grew up in the Spring area of Harris County, Texas and now resides in Plano, Texas, near Dallas. Making video game music was not Rippy's original career goal. He attended the University of Texas in the early 1990s to study visual art, and only took a few music courses.
Rippy worked for Ensemble Studios as the head of the Audio department with friend and collaborator Kevin McMullan. He is best known for his sound design and scores on the Age of Empires series, its spin-off Age of Mythology, and the Xbox 360 strategy game Halo Wars.
- Connelly, Richard (2009-02-25). "The Pride Of Spring, TX, Doesn't Blow It For Halo Fans". Houston Press. Retrieved 2009-02-26.
- Wilonsky, Robert (2009-02-26). "Stephen Rippy Sets 'Halo Wars' High Score". Dallas Observer. pp. 1–2. Retrieved 2009-11-07.
- Staff (2009-02-02). "Behind the Music of Halo Wars: Interview with Composer Stephen Rippy". Music4Games. Archived from the original on 2010-01-23. Retrieved 2009-11-07.
- Interview with Rippy, Music4Games
- Article on Age of Empires music, Film Score Monthly
- Scoring Age of Mythology, IGN
- Official Site
|This article about a United States composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|