||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2012)|
Official release poster
|Directed by||Max Giwa
|Produced by||James Richardson
|Written by||Jane English|
|Music by||See below|
|Edited by||Tim Murrell|
|Distributed by||Vertigo Films|
StreetDance 2 is the sequel to StreetDance 3D which was released on 21 May 2010. The film has been released in RealD 3D, XpanD 3D, and Dolby 3D with Max Giwa and Dania Pasquini returning to direct. Britain's Got Talent stars George Sampson and Flawless return along with hip-hop dancer Sofia Boutella (backing dancer for Madonna and face of Nike) and Falk Hentschel. The cast also features b-boys such as Lilou, Niek, and Yaman.
After suffering humiliation by the crew Invincible, streetdancer Ash looks to gather the best dancers from around the world for a rematch.
- Falk Hentschel as Ash, the protagonist
- Sofia Boutella as Eva, Salsa/Latin dancer and romantic interest
- George Sampson as Eddie, Ash's manager
- Stephanie Nguyen "Lil Steph" as Steph, part of Ash's crew
- Delphine Nguyen "Deydey" as Yo-Yo, part of Ash's crew
- Niek Traa as Legend, part of Ash's crew
- Elisabetta Di Carlo "Betty Style" as Bam-Bam, part of Ash's crew
- Samuel Revell "BBoy Sambo" as Tino, part of Ash's crew
- Kaito Masai "Kite" as Terrabyte, part of Ash's crew
- Ali Ramdani "Lilou" as Ali, part of Ash's crew
- Ndedi Ma-Sellu "Dedson" as Killa, part of Ash's crew
- Brice Larrieu as Skorpion, part of Ash's crew
- Akai Osei as Junior, the youngest of Ash's crew who was 11
- Maykel Fonts as Lucien, Eva's dance partner
- Tom Conti as Manu, Eva's uncle
- Babbal Kumar as dark dancer
- Anwar Burton as Vince, the antagonist, leader of Invincible
- Flawless as dance crew "The Surge"
Rich & Tone Talauega - Hip-hop sections
Sharna Burgess & Maykel Fonts - Latin sections
- We Will Rock You [LP & JC remix] - Queen
- Go In Go Hard Ft Wretch 32 - Angel
- Domino - Jessie J
- High & Low - Sunday Girl
- Rockstar - Dappy
- Who Says You Can't Have It All - Dionne Bromfield
- Invincible - Anwar 'Fliistylz' Burton
- Rack City - Tyga
- Bow Wow Wow Ft Chipmunk - Bodyrox
- Superbass - Nicki Minaj
- Mama Do the Hump - Rizzle Kicks
- The Motto Ft Lil Wayne - Drake
- Troublemaker - Taio Cruz
- Bright Lights Ft Pixie Lott - Tinchy Stryder
- Burning Benches - Morning Runner
- Unorthodox Ft Example - Wretch 32
- Apache - Incredible Bongo Band
- Midnight Caller - Chase & Status
- Bass Down Low Static Revenger Remix - Dev
- Together - Herve
- Hold On - Skepta
- Baudelaires Tango - Lloyd Perrin & Jordan Crisp
- Catacombs Remix - Lloyd Perrin & Jordan Crisp
- Cuba 2012 Dj Rebel Streetdance 2 Remix - Latin Formation
- Agua Remix - Los Van Van
- Ride My Beat - Polluted Mindz
StreetDance 2 received its first review on 10 February 2012 with Screen International chief film critic, Mark Adams, describing the dancing as "toe-tappingly cool" and stating that lead actress Sofia Boutella is "destined to be a big star"
Box office results for the opening weekend (from Friday March 30, 2012) for Street Dance 2 showed the movie grossed £608,024 and placed fifth in the UK movie box office charts, a result that only managed a quarter of the success Streetdance 3D did, placing it behind The Hunger Games which remained the top grossing movie for two weeks.
The film caused significant outrage among Algerians living in both France and Algeria due to their compatriot Sofia Boutella's appearance in scenes that are excessively risqué by Algerian standards. Viewing the film as an "insult to Algerian traditions and ethics," some Algerian immigrants in France boycotted the film and a campaign was launched through social networking sites Twitter and Facebook to prevent the showing of the film in Algeria.
This film received generally mixed reviews. Rotten Tomatoes reported that 46% (Rotten) of critics gave this film positive reviews.
- "StreetDance 2 (2012)". Boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved 2012-05-19.
- Adams, Mark (2012-02-10). "StreetDance 2 | Review | Screen". Screendaily.com. Retrieved 2012-05-19.
- "» Street Dance 2 opening weekend box office earnings £600,000 – sequel down on first movie – AllStreetDance". Allstreetdance.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-05-19.
- "United Kingdom Box Office, March 30April 1, 2012". Boxofficemojo.com. 2012-04-01. Retrieved 2012-05-19.
- "Algerians outraged at Sofia Boutella’s nude scenes | Gossip". Arabstoday.net. 2012-05-13. Retrieved 2012-05-19.
- Oza, Shivom. "StreetDance 2 - Movie Review". Movie Talkies. Retrieved 21 June 2012.