Studio Job is a design studio based in Antwerp and the Netherlands. The items designed by Studio Job have been shown in museums and galleries all around the world, and have won various design awards. Studio Job’s work has been exhibited at the Museum of Modern Art, New York, the Victoria & Albert Museum London, FIAC, Cooper-Hewitt, Guggenheim, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, Wallraf-Richartz Museum, NRW Forum and several major Dutch museums including the Groninger Museum and the Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam.
They are known for teir rebellious, limitless way of creating their own universe. The objects are often based on personal fascinations varying from unique pieces, editions, installations, interiors and assignments for public space. The way Studio Job is walking a tightrope between design and art gave their works an autonomous position in the world design internationally. More than once Studio Job provoked a fresh discussion on the existing norms of the contemporary design field.
The leading designers of Studio Job are Job Smeets and Nynke Tynagel, who met while attending the Design Academy Eindhoven. Studio Job was formed by Smeets after his graduation in 1998; Tynagel joined him after her graduation in 2000. Studio Job also employs a team of young designers to assist Smeets and Tynagel.
In 2010 Studio Job exhibited its collection entitled 'Industry' at Carpenters Workshop Gallery in London. "Studio Job's iconography treats industry nostalgically, laying it down as another archaeological layer alongside those fossilised animal skeletons. It's hard to tell whether they are celebrating industry's demise or simply aestheticising it", - writes The Guardian.
In 2014, at Carpenters Workshop Gallery’s booth at Design Miami/, Studio Job presented 'Landmark'. The selection was made in collaboration with Loic Le Gaillard and Julien Lombrail, the founders of Carpenters Workshop Gallery in Paris and London.
This is a collection in polished and patinated bronze, hand-blown glass, aluminum, marble and gold and silver leaf, which takes on the world’s architectural icons: an English double-decker bus sits atop the Big Ben clock, Chartres Cathedral tipped over on its side is transformed into a cabinet resembling an altarpiece, the Eiffel Tower bends under invisible pressure to become a desk lamp, the Taj Mahal is flipped upside-down so its four minarets form the legs of a table and the Burj Khalifa has none other but King Kong scaling it instead of the Empire State Building, with the Treasury of Petra housing a clock as its base. Architecture is what connects the exhibition. Cast in bronze, monumental interpretations of world famous buildings. But these icons are positioned anew, and find themselves in a vulnerable position, blown up or reduced to a simple lamp.
"Obviously, architecture communicates very well and says a lot about the situations in countries: the inter-human situation, welfare, politics. So through architecture we try to express not what we feel or what we think, but… Whatever is happening. But in the end we just try to make a nice clock and a nice lamp", - said Smeets and Tynagel in the interview with Dezeen Magazine.
- 1996: René Smeets Prize, Design Academy Eindhoven, Eindhoven
- 1998: Startstipendium, Fonds BKVB, Amsterdam
- 1998: Foundation Sofa, The Hague
- 2000: Dutch Culture Prize 2000, Netherlands
- 2001: Rotterdam Design Prize 2001, Rotterdam
- 2001-2010: Mondriaan Foundation, Amsterdam
- 2002: Woon Awards, De Woonbeurs, Amsterdam
- 2003: Harrie Tillie Prize, Stedelijk Museum Roermond, Roermond
- 2003: Fonds BKVB, Amsterdam
- 2003: Inside Design, Elle Wonen, Amsterdam
- 2004: Bombay Sapphire prize, London
- 2005: Elle Decoration Intl Design Award Elle Decor, Milan
- 2005: Best breakthrough designers, Wallpaper Design Awards, London
- 2006: Elle Decor Intl Design Award, Milan
- 2007: Paper Chandelier Elle Decor Intl Design Award, Milan 
- 2007: The Style & Design 100, Time (Magazine) 
- 2007: Winner Woonbeurs Pin, Amsterdam 
- 2008: Archistar, L’Uomo Vogue Italia, Milan
- 2008: Best of The Brands, Elle Decor, London
- 2008: Gevel Totaal 2008, Rotterdam
- 2008: Nationale Staalprijs, Rotterdam
- 2009: The 100 Hot List, Queensland Homes, Australia
- 2009: Le meulleur du Design 2009, AD Collector, Paris
- 2009: Pyramid, Rotterdam Design Prize, Rotterdam
- 2010: Top 10 most influential design, Financial Times, London
- 2010: Design of the Decade, Boco, Taiwan
- 2010: Design Flanders, Brussels 
- 2011: Perished Persian, Elle Decor Intl Design Award, Milan 
- 2011: Dutch Design Awards, Eindhoven 
- 2012: Job Cabinet, 'Wallpaper Design Awards, London 
- 2012: Furniture of the year, Raum und Wohnen, Cham 
- 2012: Job Cabinet, Elle Decor Intl Design Award, Milan 
- 2012: Studio Job awarded as best Dutch Designer, Eigen Huis & Interieur, Amsterdam 
- 2013: Nominee Designer of the Year, 'Wallpaper Design Awards, London.
Companies that cooperate with Studio Job include e.g. Bisazza, Bulgari, Firmship, Lensvelt, L'Oréal, Maharam, Moooi, Nodus, Rizzoli, Royal Tichelaar Makkum, Swarovski, t.e.[disambiguation needed], Val Saint Lambert, Venini,.
- "Bisazza". Retrieved 2008-10-10.
- "Industry Series by Studio Job at Carpenters Workshop Gallery". artdaily.com. Retrieved 2010.
- Ed van Hinte, Dutch Designers Do Furniture (ISBN 9064505691), 2005. Page 261.
- McGuirk, Justin. "Is it design or is it... art?". The Guardian. Retrieved 10 April 2015.
- "Studio Job: Landmark". domusweb.it. Retrieved 4 May 2010.
- Mun-Delsalle, Y-Jean. "Design Miami Designers to Watch, Part 3: Studio Job". Forbes. Retrieved 10 April 2015.
- Fairs, Marcus. "Carpenters Workshop tours Studio Job's landmark pieces at Design Miami/". Dezeen Magazine. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- Chin, Andrea. "Studio Job interprets famous buildings with "whacked and expressive" Landmark series". Designboom. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "Moooi". moooi.com.
- "The Style & Design 100". time.com. 2007-04-13.
- "Studio Job wint de Woonbeurs Pin". archief.nrc.nl. 2007-09-26. Retrieved 2009-03-10.
- "Design Flanders". designvlaanderen.be.
- "Elle Decor Italy". elle.it.
- "Gothic Chair for Moooi". dutchdesignawards.nl.
- "Job Cabinet for Lensvelt". wallpaper.com.
- "Haus und Wohnen". haus-und-wohnen.ch.
- "Elle Decor Netherlands". elle.nl.
- "Eigen Huis & Interieur, Netherlands". eh-i.nl.
- "Nominee Designer of the Year". wallpaper.com.
- "Studio Job for Bisazza". bisazza.com.
- "Studio Job for Firmship". firmship.com.
- "Studio Job for Lensvelt". lensvelt.nl.
- "Studio Job for Maharam". maharam.com.
- "Studio Job for Moooi". moooi.com.
- "Studio Job for Nodus". nodusrug.it.
- "The Book of Job". rizzoliusa.com.
- "Studio Job for Royal Tichelaar Makkum". tichelaar.nl.
- "Studio Job for Swarovski". swarovskicrystalpalace.com.
- "Studio Job for t.e.". thomaseyck.com.
- "La Cristallerie du Val Saint Lambert". val-saint-lambert.com.
- "Studio Job for Venini". venini.it.
- "Is it design, or is it ... art?". http://www.theguardian.com. Retrieved 4 May 2010.