|Founder||William Schafer and Tim Holt|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Burton, Michigan|
|Publication types||Books, magazines|
|Fiction genres||horror, suspense and dark mystery, fantasy, and science fiction|
Subterranean Press is a small press publisher in Burton, Michigan. Subterranean is best known for publishing genre fiction, primarily horror, suspense and dark mystery, fantasy, and science fiction. In addition to publishing novels, short story collections and chapbooks, Subterranean also produces a quarterly publication called Subterranean Magazine, specialising in short fiction and edited by William Schafer; it has also become an online direct seller. In addition to trade editions, the company produces collector's and limited editions. These books are issued with author signatures, in both numbered and lettered states, and are produced using high-grade book papers and bindings with matching slipcases and traycases.
Subterranean Press was founded in 1995. To date, the company has released more than 200 books and is currently averaging between 30 to 50 new titles every year. Subterranean Press released their first imprint, Far Territories, in early 2008. William K. Schafer is the head editor at Subterranean Press.
This is a list of books which represent that work's first publication in book form. This list does not include limited edition reprints, unless those editions are considered definitive author revisions of the original.
- Songs of a Dead Dreamer, Thomas Ligotti (revised, definitive edition, 2010)
- Inside Job, Connie Willis
- First Meetings, Orson Scott Card (2002)
- From Weird and Distant Shores (2002)
- The Devil You Know, Poppy Z. Brite (2003)
- Getting to Know You (2007)
- The Shadows, Kith and Kin- Joe R. Lansdale (2007)
- Kafka Americana
- The Dry Salvages
- Rite: Short Work, Tad Williams
- Dreamsongs: A RRetrospective, George R.R. Martin
- The Boar- Joe R. Lansdale (1998)