Anyways I just started this.
I'm enhancing the page... -- SunSw0rd
Note to: 220.127.116.11 -- Please register and acquire a wiki identity please. -- SunSw0rd 15:05, 10 October 2006 (UTC)
Wtr-general digest, Volume 34, Issue 62
In regard to Bret Pettichord's comment today in Wtr-general:
- Sun wrote: "If enabled_popup() has in fact been removed entirely, this will be a problem I think -- since I need the WinClicker to handle my popups. Other techniques (identified in the FAQ) in fact did not function for me -- at all -- which is why I used the code I did. So....what is the story?"
- David is upset that i moved this method to a different file. It is still part of the distribution.
- Please see this for a detailed explanation for why this was done.
- One of the reasons for moving this code was to make it clear that this code was untested and subject to unpredicable changes.
- A separate issue is whether the Wikipedia article should include code that only works with an experimental library in an unreleased version of Watir.
Bret's reply is an oversimplification, to the point that I believe it distorts the facts. If I were David Schmidt, I would be upset over a great deal more than that. Read more about it here: http://titanez.net/watir/
I believe that this is an appropriate public place to post this, since discussion of this issue is now being censored in the Wtr-general mailing list, hence Watir users would otherwise not know about it.
Lonny Eachus 23:08, 29 September 2006 (UTC)
I personally believe that the Watir list is the proper place to discuss issues that affect the Watir users. I have no problems letting them make their own judgements about me or my contributions. However, my submissions are now being moderated and I am unable to defend myself regarding the above accusations that my code is "untested" or "experimental". Bret's statements about me are apparently OK as I see no signs that he has been similarly censored.
John (Sun), I would be happy to continue to help you with any issues you have with enabled_popup or my methods of working with various types of popups. You may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created a new Article for WET
I have added a the draft of WET Web Tester page. This article is currently classified as ActiveDiscuss and I plan to take off the activediscuss template after the review comments. I request folks to review the page and communicate your reviews in the Talk:WET_Web_Tester. --Best regards, Raghu V 13:38, 14 October 2006 (UTC)
Be aware that the Watir Extension Toolkit -- now the WET Web Tester -- was already removed once because (apparently) of additions by some party that got it treated as spam. -- SunSw0rd 14:29, 16 October 2006 (UTC)
As suggested at Your first article page: "Don't neglect to disclose your affiliation on the article's talk page", I am member of the Watir team and I am writing a book on Watir. --Zeljko.filipin (talk) 22:19, 5 October 2012 (UTC)
Deleting recorders section
I will delete recorders section. The project never had an official recorder, and the lead developers and the vast majority of the community discourage the use of recorders. --Zeljko.filipin (talk) 22:26, 5 October 2012 (UTC)