|Founded||1987 in New York|
|Headquarters||Franklin, Tennessee, USA|
|Owner(s)||Steelpoint Capital Partners|
Tasti D-Lite is a New York-based fast food company which sells products including a frozen dessert. The company operates a system of franchise chain stores which are predominantly located in New York state, although the company's corporate headquarters are now in Tennessee.
In 2002, published studies  found that the company may have greatly exaggerated claims of its product's healthfulness. Tasti D-Lite subsequently implemented an overrun compliance program and settled the nutritional claims matter with the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs.
Tasti D-Lite was acquired in 2007 by NY-based private equity group SPG Partners LLC  and announced that James H. Amos, one of the firm's operating partners, will serve as Chief Executive Officer of Tasti D-Lite. The new company would be headquartered in Franklin, Tennessee. 
A redesigned website was launched in 2007 listing nutritional information for over 100 flavors.  Tasti D-Lite announced in 2008 that it will begin a franchise offering to facilitate the growth of the brand to markets both domestic and international.  Subsequently, a majority of the original licensed stores signed agreements to convert to the franchise model.  Also in 2008, the first international development agreement was signed for South Korea. 
Tasti D-Lite products are made from two different dairy-based mixes, upon which additional flavors can be added.
The vanilla dairy base is made with: water, nonfat milk, sugar, corn syrup, cream, guar gum, locust bean gum, carrageenan, vanilla, and lactase.
The chocolate dairy base, used for chocolate flavors, replaces vanilla with chocolate and is made with: water, nonfat milk, sugar, corn syrup, cream, cocoa (processed with alkali), guar gum, locust bean gum, carrageenan, and lactase. 
- [Burros, Marian "Fewer Calories Than Ice Cream, But More Than You Think." The New York Times, p. F1.(October 2, 2002)
- DCA Puts the Freeze on Misleading Calorie Claims: Announces Agreement with Tasti D-Lite
- HBO: Sex and the City: Episode Guide: Summary: Season 6: Episode 88
- NBC.com> The Apprentice > Candidates
- "Former Mail Boxes Etc. chief takes Tasti D-Lite stake." Nashville Business Journal (February 21, 2007)
- Ruble, Drew "Just Desserts." Business TN Magazine (June 2007)
- tasti - flavor & facts menu
- Tasti D-Lite Franchise News
- Tasti official website - FAQs