||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011)|
Teedra Moses performing live in New York City
|Birth name||Teedra Moses|
|Also known as||Young Lioness|
December 17, 1976 |
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
|Labels||TVT Records, Maybach Music Group|
|Associated acts||Jadakiss, Mary J. Blige, Nivea, Christina Milan, Trina, Macy Gray, Rick Ross|
Moses was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana, to a gospel singing mother, Shirley Moses. She later moved to California with her mother and three siblings after her parents' separation. Moses brought a little bit of that fervor to her own vocal style when she began singing professionally. The final song on her debut album, "I Think of You (Shirley's Song)", is dedicated to her late mother.
Prior to becoming a recording artist, Moses worked with her best friend Nonja McKenzie as an assistant wardrobe stylist for artists such as Will Smith, Kelis, R. Kelly, and No Doubt. It was after breaking her leg on a video set that Moses decided to follow her heart and begin making music.
Following this epiphany, Moses teamed up with producer, Paul Poli and signed with the Indie Record Label, TVT Records to release her debut album Complex Simplicity in August 2004. Complex Simplicity included fourteen tracks all self-penned by Moses with dominant production by Poli; which led to the well-deserved executive production credit by both Moses & Poli. The album underperformed on the U.S. chart, debuting and peaking at number one hundred and sixty-eight on the Billboard 200. However, the album was critically acclaimed and otherwise found success on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums, the Top Independent Albums, and the Top Heatseekers, reaching number twenty, number eleven, and number ten, respectively.
In addition to executive producing and penning all the lyrics on her own project, Moses has written songs for other artists including Nivea, Christina Milian, Mary J. Blige and others. She was featured on and co-wrote two songs from Raphael Saadiq's 2004 album Ray Ray, "Chic" and "I Want You Back". Her songs have been showcased in the Logo series Noah's Arc as well as in the HBO hit show Entourage, movies such as Never Die Alone, Beauty Shop, and Be Cool.
Though Moses has not released a studio album in 6 years she can be found touring and doing live shows on a regular basis. From March to November 2010 Moses has been a spokes model on the Lady Hennessy Tour. In addition, Moses continues to release underground all original mixtapes for her fans to enjoy while she awaits a new label deal caused by the Chapter 11 bankruptcy filed in 2008 by the now defunct TVT Records.
On March 25, 2011, it was announced that Moses had signed to rapper Rick Ross' Maybach Music Group via Warner Bros. Records as its first female artist. Her second studio album entitled The Lioness is scheduled to be released there sometime in 2013. In anticipation of The Lioness Moses released the Luxurious Undergrind mixtape. 
- 2003: "Still in Love" — from Nivea's album Nivea
- 2004: "Dip It Low" — from Christina Milian's album It's About Time
- 2004: Complex Simplicity – debut album entirely written by Teedra Moses
- 2004: "Chic" and "I Want You Back" – from Raphael Saadiq's album Raphael Saadiq As Ray Ray
- 2005: "Get Up on Ya Gangsta" — from Teairra Marí's album Roc-A-Fella Presents: Teairra Marí
- 2006: "Here We Go" — from Trina's album Glamorest Life
- 2006: "So Lady" — from the Japanese and international edition of Mary J. Blige's album The Breakthrough
- 2007: "Finally Made Me Happy", "Ghetto Love", and "AEIOU" — from Macy Gray's album Big
- Complex Simplicity (2004)
|2004||"Be Your Girl"||—||87||Complex Simplicity|
|"You'll Never Find (A Better Woman)" (featuring Jadakiss)||—||86|
|2005||"You Better Tell Her"||—||—|
|2010||"R U 4 Real"||—||—||Royal Patience|
|"Another LuvR" (featuring Wale)||—||—|
|2013||"Can't Be Luv"||—||—||The Empress Pride Collection|
- The Young Hustla Compilation (2004)
- Young Hustla Compilation Vol II: Live from the Jungle (2007)
- Lionhearted – Young Hustla Vol III (2009)
- Royal Patience... A Love Journey (2010)
- Luxurious Undergrind (2011)
- 2003: "Hot 1" and "I'm That Gangsta" — Ras Kass
- 2003: "Realize" — Bravehearts
- 2004: "Chic" and "I Want You Back" — Raphael Saadiq
- 2005: "Put That Thang Down" — Ying Yang Twins
- 2005: "Here We Go" — from Trina's album Glamorest Life (the album features the version with Kelly Rowland)
- 2008: "Get Yours" — Raheem DeVaughn
- 2011: "Face The Music" — Trackademicks
- 2011: "Self Made", "Rise" & "Running Rebels" — from Maybach Music Group's album Self Made Vol. 1
- 2011: "Me & My Nuh" — from 9th Wonder's album The Wonder Years
- 2012: "We Fly" — from Terrace Martin's album 3ChordFold
- 2012: "Amsterdam" — from Rick Ross' album God Forgives, I Don't
- 2013: "Coupes & Roses" with Stalley — from Maybach Music Group's compilation album Self Made Vol. 3
- 2004: Seagram’s Gin Live
- 2004: Live In London
- 2005: Raphael Saadiq As Ray Ray
- 2007: Heineken Red Star Soul
- 2008: Turn It Up
- 2010: Lady Hennessy
- Ramirez, Erika (April 20, 2011). "Exclusive: Teedra Moses Signs to Rick Ross' Maybach Music Group". Billboard. Retrieved 22 August 2011.
- http://www.last.fm/music/Teedra+Moses Last.fm Bio
- Harper, Rosario (March 25, 2011). "Rick Ross Signs The First Lady Of Maybach Music". sohh.com. Retrieved May 31, 2011.