|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2008)|
|Studio album by Drake Bell|
|Released||September 27, 2005
August 7, 2007 (re-release)
|Genre||Alternative rock, pop rock|
|Drake Bell chronology|
|Singles from Telegraph|
Telegraph is the debut album by actor, singer, and songwriter Drake Bell.
The entire album was recorded by Bell and producer, Michael Corcoran as well as a few friends. The entire album was recorded in a simple home studio using a Digidesign Digi 002. The following record, It's Only Time was recorded at the time in a newly built studio named, The Backhouse.
The album was released on September 27, 2005 and was issued by Backhouse Mike's label Backhouse Records and the now defunct label Nine Yards Records. Being an independently released production, it ran out of print, and was subsequently re-released on August 7, 2007. Still, it can be found in stores like F.y.e., Barnes & Noble and eBay.
|1.||"Intro"||Drake Bell, Michael Corcoran||0:27|
|2.||"Found a Way"||Drake Bell, Michael Corcoran||3:02|
|3.||"Circles"||Drake Bell, Michael Corcoran||4:06|
|4.||"Somehow"||Drake Bell, Michael Corcoran||4:40|
|5.||"In The End"||Drake Bell, Michael Corcoran||4:24|
|6.||"Don't Preach"||C.J. Abraham, Drake Bell, Michael Corcoran||3:24|
|7.||"Hollywood Girl"||Drake Bell, Michael Corcoran, G. Petersen||2:53|
|8.||"Golden Days"||Drake Bell, D. Tashian, G. Garner||3:43|
|9.||"Down We Fall"||Drake Bell, Michael Corcoran||5:50|
|10.||"The Backhouse"||Drake Bell, Michael Corcoran||0:19|
|11.||"Highway To Nowhere"||Drake Bell, M. Shallman, S.W. Bennett||4:04|
|12.||"Telegraph"||Drake Bell, Michael Corcoran||3:39|
Additional song information
- "Hollywood Girl" was performed on TRL in the TV movie Drake & Josh Go Hollywood.
- Part of "Don't Preach" is also featured Drake & Josh Go Hollywood, in which Drake Bell stars. The scene shows him (as Drake Parker) performing the song at the B'nai Shalom Home for the Elderly with his band. It is also featured in the episode, "Who's Got Game?"
- "Found a Way", "Down We Fall", and "Highway to Nowhere" are also on the Drake & Josh soundtrack, Drake & Josh: Songs from and inspired by the hit TV show. Drake also played "Highway to Nowhere" when he guest-starred on the Nickelodeon TV show Zoey 101. In the episode, the students of Pacific Coast Academy hire Drake to play at their school's Spring Fling.
- The beatboxing on the song "Circles" is done by Drake's co-star on Drake & Josh and best friend, Josh Peck.
- "Found a Way" is the theme song for Drake & Josh.
- Elizabeth Gillies & Ariana Grande covered the song on theslap.com
The album received positive reviews from both critics and fans alike. It has been praised for its darker tone and Bell's songwriting. Allmusic wrote in its review of the album,"He specializes in upbeat, McCartneyesque ditties fleshed out with enchanting harmony vocals and big, wet production."
- Drake Bell - lead and backing vocals, rhythm guitars, keyboards
- Backhouse Mike - bass guitar, lead and rhythm guitar, keyboards, backing vocals
- Joey Finger - drums
- Tom Kinne - bass guitar
- Scott Bennett - bass guitar, drums, guitar, keyboards
- DJ Eroc - scratching
- Mike D'Santi - guitar