Template talk:The Sun
|WikiProject Astronomy / Astronomical objects||(Rated Template-class)|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the The Sun template.|
What you are about to view is based off evidence from an Alien. This stuff is totally awesome, and after spending time with my Alien friend it is the shit.
The Sun is actually green. This is why when you look at the sun it is green. Next time you go outside look at the sun, it will be green.
That is pulled from the original template, Solar System. Should this be revised to be Sun specific? Can anyone think of something that could go there? --Exodio 17:50, 29 August 2006 (UTC)
Are We Done?
By the looks of things its seems to be to a stage where we should post it on a page... If we need to do any minor alterations we can still do it from here, even when its posted so thats not an issue... Im going to post it tomorrow (australian time (its noon now)) so if theres any major problems please alert me before then... -- Nbound 02:07, 2 September 2006 (UTC)
- Looks fine to me. I added it to each page that is listed in the Footer. Now we get to see how many people yell about something. ;) --Exodio 04:28, 2 September 2006 (UTC)
- Awesome... saved me alot of work :P... hopefully people like it -- Nbound 04:54, 2 September 2006 (UTC)
- More work for you - I added a bunch of sun links, but i just kind of threw them in. Added Atmosphere as its own line with breakdown of the atmosphere, some of the phenomenon need to be reorganized. --Exodio 08:23, 2 September 2006 (UTC)
- P.S. i think "Extended Structure" should be renamed, but I can't for the life of me figure out a different way of putting it. Can you think of anything else?
- Nah I cant, thats why we got stuck with it in the first place, but I agree it doesnt sound exactly right, It'd be more of an Extended Atmosphere really, but that sounds just as strange -- Nbound 08:43, 2 September 2006 (UTC)
Im trying to get the Phenomena in a sort of "flowing" order, so related things are near each other, Im not sure how right I am thus far, so if you find anything out of place feel free to move it -- Nbound 08:50, 2 September 2006 (UTC)
Also, i dont think we should make it any wider than it currently is (though if more phenomena need to be added just make a new line) as the template would probably be getting close to full screen width on a 1024x768 resolution, and that resolution is probably the most common for a casual PC user -- Nbound 08:54, 2 September 2006 (UTC)
- Made Phenomena double lined, Added SPE, Solar radiation, and Aurora - i dont think we should add much (any?) more, it is getting quite crowded -- Nbound 09:04, 2 September 2006 (UTC)
Solar Proton Event, Aurora
Ok mister "I don't think we should add much more"... ;) I am not sure these two should be included. While they are caused by the sun, it is the interaction with Earth that causes the events to happen. If we are going to limit, I don't think events that are specific to one locale should be on the list. Or, we should start a solar phenomenon template of its own. Thoughts? --Exodio 16:40, 2 September 2006 (UTC)
- SPE and Aurora Removed -- Nbound 22:59, 2 September 2006 (UTC)