...to renew and regenerate the landscape at the edge of East London and South Essex by creating Thames Chase, the Community Forest: a varied wooded landscape for local people to influence, create, use, enjoy and cherish.
It has been managed as a community forest since 1990. The forest centre is located near Upminster and is surrounded by 56 hectares (140 acres) of new woodlands, meadows and ponds.
List of sites
- London Borough of Havering
- London Borough of Barking and Dagenham
Thames Chase Joint Committee
The Thames Chase Joint Committee oversees development of the community forest. It comprises three members each from:
- Barking and Dagenham London Borough Council
- Brentwood Borough Council
- Essex County Council
- Havering London Borough Council
- Thurrock Council
- "Forestry Commission News Release No. 1656, 1.6 MILLION MORE TREES PROMISED FOR THE EAST OF LONDON". Forestry Commission. 28 October 1998. Retrieved 13 March 2010.
|This London location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|