Thanks for Sharing
|Thanks for Sharing|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Stuart Blumberg|
|Produced by||Miranda de Pencier
|Screenplay by||Stuart Blumberg
|Music by||Christopher Lennertz|
|Editing by||Anne McCabe|
|Studio||Class 5 Films
|Running time||112 minutes|
Thanks for Sharing is a 2012 American comedy-drama film directed by Stuart Blumberg, from a screenplay written by Blumberg and Matt Winston. The film stars Mark Ruffalo, Tim Robbins, Gwyneth Paltrow, Josh Gad, Joely Richardson, and Alecia Moore with supporting roles from Patrick Fugit, Carol Kane, Michaela Watkins, and Isiah Whitlock, Jr.
- Mark Ruffalo as Adam
- Tim Robbins as Mike
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Phoebe
- Josh Gad as Neil
- Joely Richardson as Katie
- Alecia Moore as Dede
- Patrick Fugit as Danny
- Carol Kane as Roberta
- Michaela Watkins as Marney
- Isiah Whitlock, Jr. as Charles
- Emily Meade as Becky
- Poorna Jagannathan as Lili Kazhani
Thanks for Sharing was met with mixed reviews, with a Rotten Tomatoes approval rating of 50% (based on 109 reviews) and a Metacritic score of 54 out of 100 (based on 38 reviews). Richard Roeper gave the movie a largely positive review, saying "First-time director Blumberg does a fine job and makes some brave choices." Laremy Legel of Film.com was among the most critical, giving the film a D+, and commenting that it "can't quite find its footing as either a drama or a comedy, and near the end it's actively sliding off the rails". Nigel Barrington of the Daily Chronicle also criticized the film heavily, dubbing it First World Problems: The Movie. Otherwise, Alecia Moore's role was heavily praised by critics. Dan Callahan writes about her performance saying "Of all the cast here, the least experienced is the pop singer Pink, yet she does the best acting in the film: natural, a little harsh, a little unstable. Pink, like Macy Gray in her Lee Daniels movie roles, knows instinctively how to behave on camera by just pretending that the camera isn’t there.” Sandy Schaefer praised the film, arguing that "the good elements outweigh the bad in Thanks for Sharing and the final result is a commendable examination of addiction, sex and the nature of grown-up relationships (among other issues that are rarely black and white)."
Thanks for Sharing is rated R16 in New Zealand for sexual references and offensive language.
- "THANKS FOR SHARING". British Board of Film Classification. July 18, 2013. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- Thanks for Sharing at Box Office Mojo
- Kroll, Justin (2013-06-26). "Mark Ruffalo, Gwyneth Paltrow Addicted to ‘Thanks For Sharing’ (VIDEO)". Variety. Retrieved 2013-06-27.
- Oldenburg, Anne (2013-06-27). "Gwyneth Paltrow strips in 'Thanks for Sharing'". USA Today. Retrieved 2013-06-27.
- "Thanks for Sharing (2013)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2013-09-21.
- "Thanks for Sharing". Metacritic. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
- RICHARD, ROEPER. "'Thanks for Sharing' Makes You Care About Sex Addicts"". Chicago Sun Times.
- Legel, Laremy (2012-09-12). "Review: 'Thanks for Sharing'". Film.com. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
- Schaefer, Sandy. "'Thanks for Sharing' Review". ScreenRant.