The Barr Brothers
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011)|
|The Barr Brothers|
|Origin||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Members||Brad Barr (guitar, vocals)
Andrew Barr (drums, percussion, vocals, keys)
Sarah Page (harp, vocals, percussion)
Andres Vial (keys, bass, vibes, percussion, vocals)
Andrew and Brad Barr began their music career in Boston, Massachusetts as part of the improv-based trio The Slip. As they were playing a show in Montreal in 2004, a fire broke out. One year later, Andrew and Brad Barr relocated to Montreal and became neighbors with harpist Sarah Page. Along with Andres Vial, they formed The Barr Brothers. Their debut, self-titled LP was released on September 27, 2011 via Secret City Records. In anticipation of the album release, lead single "Beggar In The Morning" debuted on Paste Magazine. The band was invited to play Osheaga Festival 2011, and toured North America throughout the fall promoting their debut record. On January 5, 2012 they performed "Beggar In The Morning" on the Late Show with David Letterman. On April 5, 2012 their song "Ooh, Belle" was played during the final montage of the fifth episode of Touch. On June 30th The Barr Brothers were the headlining artist on the main stage Scène TD de la place des Festivals at The Montreal Jazz Festival, performing for a crowd estimated at more than 30,000 listeners.
- The Barr Brothers (2011) #63 CAN
- "News". The Barr Brothers. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "News". secret city records. 2011-07-13. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "Song Premiere: The Barr Brothers - "Beggar in the Morning" :: Featured Audio :: Paste". Pastemagazine.com. 2011-08-17. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "Osheaga 2011: The Barr Brothers | Montreal Gazette Blogs". Blogs.montrealgazette.com. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "Shows". The Barr Brothers. Retrieved 2011-09-07.