The Black Pacific
|The Black Pacific|
The Black Pacific performing on the 2011 Warped Tour. Left to right: Orrell, Vega, Lindberg, and Caswell.
|Origin||Huntington Beach, California, United States|
|Associated acts||Pennywise, Dropkick Murphys|
|Past members||Davey Latter|
The Black Pacific was a punk rock music project that was started in 2010 by Jim Lindberg, the vocalist of Pennywise, and two previously unknown members, Alan Vega (drums) and Davey Latter (bass). They were signed to SideOneDummy Records and their self-titled debut album was released on September 14, 2010.
On October 8, 2010, some line-up changes were announced by the band: Marc Orrell, formerly of celtic punk band Dropkick Murphys has joined the band as second guitarist, and Gavin Caswell has joined as bassist, replacing Davey Latter who had to return to his drumming duties with his other band Everest.
In June 2010 (shortly after the completion of their first album), Jim announced that the Black Pacific had plans to release more music in the future. He also remarked that they had more songs written than could fit on their first album, and that (in June 2010) they had another batch of songs ready to record.
- Current members
- Jim Lindberg - lead vocals, guitar (2010–present)
- Alan Vega - drums, percussion (2010–present)
- Marc Orrell - guitar (2010–present)
- Gavin Caswell - bass (2010–present)
- Former members
- Davey Latter - bass (2010)
- The Black Pacific (2010)
- "The System" (2010)
- "Living with Ghosts" (2010)
- "The Black Pacific on MySpace". MySpace. June 22, 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-23.
- "The Black Pacific (ex-Pennywise) plan September release for debut". Punknews.org. June 29, 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Black Pacific.|
|This article on a United States punk rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|