The Golden Arrow Holy Face Devotion
The Golden Arrow Holy Face Devotion is a prayer associated with a Roman Catholic devotion. The prayer and the devotion are based on reports of visions of Jesus by Sr. Marie of St Peter, a Carmelite nun of Tours, in 1843. The prayer is an Act of Praise and Reparation for Blasphemy. It is also a reparation for the profanation of Sunday and the Holy Days of Obligation.
On March 16, 1844 Jesus reportedly told Sr. Marie:
"Oh if you only knew what great merit you acquire by saying even once, Admirable is the Name of God, in a spirit of reparation for blasphemy."
Sister Mary stated that Jesus told her that the two sins which offend him the most grievously are blasphemy and the profanation of Sunday. He called this prayer the "Golden Arrow", saying that those who would recite it would pierce Him delightfully, and also heal those other wounds inflicted on Him by the malice of sinners. Sr. Mary of St. Peter saw, "streaming from the Sacred Heart of Jesus, delightfully wounded by this 'Golden Arrow,' torrents of graces for the conversion of sinners.
This prayer is part of the Catholic devotion to the Holy Face of Jesus and appears in the book “The Golden Arrow”, the autobiography of Sr. Marie of St Peter. In her book she wrote that in her visions Jesus told her that an act of sacrilege or blasphemy is like a "poisoned arrow", hence the name “Golden Arrow” for this reparatory prayer. 
- May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
- most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
- be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
- and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
- and under the earth,
- by all the creatures of God,
- and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
- in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
- Acts of Reparation to Jesus Christ
- Apostle of the Holy Face
- Holy Face of Jesus
- Roman Catholic prayer
- Name of God in Christianity
- Sisters of the Reparation of the Holy Face
- Visions of Jesus and Mary
- The Golden Arrow: The Autobiography and Revelations of Sister Mary of St. Peter (1816-1848 on Devotion to the Holy Face of Jesus by Dorothy Scallan (May 1, 2009) ISBN 0895553899
- Dorothy Scallan. The Holy Man of Tours. (1990) ISBN 0-89555-390-2