The Hot Puppies
- Becky Wood (née Newman) - vocals
- Beth Gibson - vocals/keyboards/theremin/cello
- Luke "Dangerman" Taylor - guitar/vocals
- Ben Faircloth - bass guitar
- Bert Wood - drums
Becky and Bert married in May 2008, and had a baby girl, Amber, in October 2008.
Taylor is the band's principal songwriter and is also a member of Hemme Fatale
Newman features on Christopher Rees' album Cautionary Tales.
In addition to playing with the full band, Becky Wood and Gibson played a number of semi-acoustic "solo" gigs in 2007 and 2008, as well as making guest appearances with Circulus. They released a four track EP on 7" vinyl and iTunes in August 2008 through Purr Records; this was originally to be titled 'Where we are from, the birds sing a pretty song', but by its release was simply called 'The Bec & Beth EP'.
The band decided on a short break from spring 2008 to accommodate Wood's pregnancy, which was not compatible with the intensive touring schedule they had followed in preceding years.
Bec, Beth and fellow singer Sophie have now formed a trio called 'Barefoot Dance of the Sea'.
They have released nine singles, one demo, one EP and three albums. Their first album, Under The Crooked Moon was released in July 2006. Their second, a collection of rarities and unreleased tracks recorded between 2003 and 2005 entitled Over My Dead Body, was released in mid-2007.
On 29 September 2008, The Hot Puppies released Blue Hands. It includes the singles "King of England"', "Somewhere", and "Clarinet Town". Due to Wood's pregnancy, the band did not extensively tour this album; however the majority of the songs were played during their 2007 tour dates.
- "The Future's Such A Beautiful Place" (2001) (demo)
- "All Washed Up" (EP) (2002)
- "The Drowsing Nymph" (spring 2003)
- "Dawn of Man" (April 2004)
- "Green Eyeliner" (September 2004) (released on Purr Records)
- "Terry" (November 2005) (released on Label Fandango)
- "The Girl Who Was Too Beautiful" (May 2006)
- "Green Eyeliner" (7" vinyl reissue) (late 2006)
- "How Come You Don't Hold Me No More?" (February 2007)
- "The King of England" (July 2007)
- "Somewhere" (May 2008)
- "The Bec & Beth EP" (August 2008) - performed by Bec Wood & Beth Gibson only
- "Clarinet Town" (27 October 2008)
- Under the Crooked Moon (released 24 July 2006)
- Over My Dead Body (released mid-2007)
- Blue Hands (released 29 September 2008)
- The Hot Puppies on Myspace
- Bec and Beth
- Hemme Fatale
- Hot Puppies biography from BBC Wales
- Barefoot Dance of the Sea