The Ol' Razzle Dazzle
|The Ol' Razzle Dazzle|
|Studio album by Missy Higgins|
|Producer||Brad Jones, Butterfly Boucher|
|Missy Higgins chronology|
|Singles from The Ol' Razzle Dazzle|
The Ol' Razzle Dazzle is the third studio album by Australian singer-songwriter Missy Higgins, and was released by Eleven on 1 June 2012. Higgins began work on the album after a quiet retreat from the industry to refocus her life on other pursuits, including attending University and living in a share house. After playing Lilith Fair in the summer of 2010, Higgins decided to come back to music and worked with fellow singer/song-writer Butterfly Boucher, who helped co-produce The Ol' Razzle Dazzle with Nashville producer/engineer Brad Jones. The album was made available for pre-order on April 26, 2012.
The first single from the album, "Unashamed Desire", was released on April 23, 2012 with an accompanying video.
The album debuted at #1 on the ARIA Albums Chart the week of 12 June 2012. It is now Higgins' third straight number-one album. Higgins now ties Delta Goodrem, Olivia Newton-John and Kylie Minogue for the second-most Australian number-one albums by an Australian female artist. Only Kasey Chambers has done better, with four number-one ARIA albums.
All songs were written by Missy Higgins, except where noted
- "Set Me on Fire" (Missy Higgins, Butterfly Boucher, Dan Wilson) – 3:35
- "Hello Hello" (Higgins, Kevin Griffin) – 3:00
- "Unashamed Desire" (Higgins, Boucher) – 3:31
- "Everyone's Waiting" (Higgins, Wilson) – 3:52
- "All in My Head" (Higgins, Boucher) – 3:44
- "Temporary Love" – 3:40
- "Watering Hole" (Higgins, Amiel Courtin-Dan Wilson) – 2:42
- "Tricks" (Higgins, Katie Herzig) – 3:07
- "If I'm Honest" – 3:32
- "Cooling of the Embers" – 3:59
- "Hidden Ones" – 4:22
- "Sweet Arms of a Tune" – 3:40
- "World Gone Mad" (iTunes bonus track)
- "Link in a Chain" (exclusive pre-order bonus track)
- New Website and Hello From Missy, 04/03/2012.
- The Ol' Razzle Dazzle Tour Announced & New Single Unashamed Desire Released Today!, 04/23/2012.