The Preppie Murder
|The Preppie Murder|
|Directed by||John Herzfeld|
|Written by||Irv Roud (story)
Lara Flynn Boyle
|Running time||100 min.|
The Preppie Murder is a TV movie starring William Baldwin as Robert Chambers and Lara Flynn Boyle as Jennifer Levin. The film aired on ABC in 1989. It was based on the events of a murder committed by Rob Chambers, nicknamed the Preppie Killer. The film co-stars Danny Aiello, Joanna Kerns and William Devane.
The TV movie is particularly memorable in that it helped launch the careers of then unknown Baldwin and Boyle, as well as that of Sandra Bullock, Diedrich Bader and Chris Isaak, who provided the soundtrack to the film. The lead police detective in the real case, Mike Sheehan, also makes a cameo appearance.
- The Preppie Murder at the Internet Movie Database
- Mark Gado. "A Killing in Central Park: The Preppy Murder Case". Tru TV. Retrieved 2011-10-22.
- James S. Kunen (September 25, 1989). "Art Imitates Death in The Preppie Murder". People. Retrieved 2011-10-22.
- Howard Rosenberg (September 23, 1989). "'Preppie Murder' Drama Pleads Case for Victims". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2011-10-22.
- John Leonard (Sep 25, 1989). Sex, Lies, and Videotape "...From television we expect a point of view, some ambience, some suspense, a heightening. The Preppie Murder is pointless". New York Magazine. Retrieved 2011-10-22.
|This article related to an American TV movie is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|