The Red Road (TV series)
|The Red Road|
|Created by||Aaron Guzikowski|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||6 (List of episodes)|
|Running time||42–45 minutes|
|Picture format||1080i (16:9 HDTV)|
|Original run||February 27, 2014– present|
The Red Road is a 2014 drama that airs on SundanceTV. The first season, which premiered on February 27, 2014, consists of six one-hour episodes. This is SundanceTV's second fully owned scripted original series, with Rectify being the first. On April 28, 2014, SundanceTV renewed The Red Road for a six-episode second season to air in 2015.
The series revolves around Police Officer Harold Jensen, who is trying to keep his family together after a cover-up involving his mentally unstable wife who became a recovering alcoholic after self medicating her undiagnosed schizophrenia with alcohol. He soon finds himself partnering up with Phillip Kopus, who is a dangerous member of the Ramapough Mountain Indians. His tribe lives in the Ramapo Mountains in an area bordering New York and New Jersey in the fictitious small town of Walpole, New Jersey, just across the Hudson River from New York City.
The working title for the series was originally The Descendants. Production on the first season began in Atlanta, Georgia, on August 19, 2013. The second season of the show is also being produced in the Atlanta area. Production began in the summer of 2014 and continues through the fall. The latest extras casting for the series mentions that episodes are still filming in late October. 
- Martin Henderson as Harold Jensen
- Jason Momoa as Phillip Kopus
- Julianne Nicholson as Jean Jensen
- Tamara Tunie as Marie Van Der Veen
- Kiowa Gordon as Junior Van Der Veen
- Allie Gonino as Rachel Jensen
- Annalise Basso as Kate Jensen
- Tom Sizemore as Jack Kopus
- Lisa Bonet as Sky Van Der Veen
- Zahn McClarnon as Mike Parker
- Antoni Corone as Captain Warren
- Brooke Montalvo as Paige
- Ryan Nesset as Officer K. Felix
- Keith Flippen as Dr. Beilke
- Victor Gage as Lenape Hunter
- Mike Farrell as David Rogers
- Logan Siu as Paul Morgan
- Manuel Rodriguez as Ramapo Indian
- Arturo Fonts as Robby
- Nick Gomez as Frank Morgan
- Doris Morgado as Iana Morgan
- Sabina Akhmedova as Fayina
- Dwayne Boyd as Bernard Roald
- Boo Arnold as Attorney Irv Nesbitt
- Anthony Reynolds as Brennan
- Tammy Arnold as Officer Spector
- Jeff Matthew Glover as Officer Baker
- Nickola Shreli as Duke
- Ben Winchell as Brad
- Ian Gregg as Leo
Irene Ziegler as Sylvia Rogers
As of April 3, 2014[update], six episodes of The Red Road have aired, ending the first season.
The Red Road has received mostly favorable reviews. Review aggregator site, Metacritic, has given the season a "generally favorable" score of 66 out of 100, based on 25 critics. On another review aggregator site, Rotten Tomatoes, it holds a 65% rating with an average rating of 6.9 out of 10, based on 26 reviews.
- Bibel, Sara (January 6, 2014). "New Drama 'The Red Road' to Premiere Friday February 21, 2014 on Sundance Channel". Tv by the Numbers (Press release).
- Miller, Thomas. "SundanceTV Renews The Red Road". Seat42f. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- Hyman, Vicki (February 21, 2014). "Ramapough Lenape inspired 'The Red Road' writer: 'I wanted it to ring true'". NJ.com. Retrieved February 17, 2104. Check date values in:
- Andreeva, Nellie (June 24, 2013). "Julianne Nicholson To Co-Star On Sundance Channel's Drama Series 'The Descendants'". Deadline. Retrieved August 7, 2013.
- "One on One: Bridget Carpenter of "The Red Road"". Sundance Channel. Retrieved December 18, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (March 11, 2013). "Sundance Channel Picks Up Scripted Series 'The Descendants', Beefs Up Scripted Team". Deadline. Retrieved August 7, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (August 15, 2013). "Sundance Channel Announces Cast, Including Jason Momoa & Martin Henderson, and Start of Production for 'The Red Road'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Sundance Channel Series 'Red Road' Casting Call For Band". Auditionsfree.com. October 14, 2014. Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- "The Red Road : Season 1". Metacritic. Retrieved April 29, 2014.
- "The Red Road: Season 1 (2014)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved April 29, 2014.