The Vineyard Man
|The Vineyard Man|
Promotional poster for The Vineyard Man
|Also known as||The Man of the Vineyard|
|Written by||Jo Myung-joo|
|Directed by||Park Man-young|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||16|
|Running time||70 minutes
Mondays and Tuesdays at 21:55 (KST)
|Original channel||Korean Broadcasting System|
|Original run||24 July 2006– 12 September 2006|
|Preceded by||Mr. Goodbye|
|Followed by||Cloud Stairs|
|Hangul||포도밭 그 사나이|
|Hanja||葡萄밭 그 사나이|
|Revised Romanization||Podobat Geu Sanai|
|McCune–Reischauer||P'odobat Kŭ Sanai|
The Vineyard Man (Hangul: 포도밭 그 사나이; RR: Podobat Geu Sanai; also known as The Man of the Vineyard) is a 2006 South Korean television series that aired on KBS2. It was adapted from Kim Rang's bestselling book of the same name.
The Vineyard Man is a romantic comedy series featuring beautiful rustic scenery, a lighthearted story and a fresh cast.
It revolves around the life of Lee Ji-hyun (Yoon Eun-hye), a city girl who wants to show the world that beneath her seemingly ordinary characteristics is an extraordinary girl who will someday achieve great things. Ji-hyun is a striving young clothing designer, who hopes to have her own label one day. Her plans are put on hold when she reluctantly takes up a tempting offer from her grand-uncle. She has to work one year in her grand-uncle's vineyard in order to inherit it. In the vineyard, the challenge of adjusting to country life is made more difficult when she has to learn how to grow grapes under the supervision of the seemingly uncouth and unsympathetic man in charge of the vineyard, Jang Taek-gi (Oh Man-seok).
Amidst conflicts and trials, Ji-hyun and Taek-gi learn to care for each other. As time goes by, Ji-hyun finds herself falling in love with the vineyard and the man in it.
Through the mundane process of grape farming and the personal relationship of Ji-hyun and Taek-gi, this story portrays how beauty and kindness can be found in everything and everyone when one looks beyond the surface. Feat
- Yoon Eun-hye as Lee Ji-hyun
- Oh Man-seok as Jang Taek-gi
- Jung So-young as Kang Soo-jin
- Kim Ji-seok as Kim Kyung-min
- Kang Eun-bi as Park Hong-yi
- Lee Soon-jae as Lee Byung-dal
- Bang Eun-hee as Seo Young-ran
- Lee Ji-oh as Lee Myung-gu
- Jang Jung-hee as Lee Jang-daek
- Son Young-choon as village foreman
- Hwang Mi-sun as Han Myung-sook
- Amanda as Maria
- Kim Chang-wan as Lee Hyung-man
- Lee Mi-young as Choi Ok-sook
- Jo Gyu-chul as Ji-ho
- Ok Ji-young as Moon Eun-young
- Choi Myung-kyung as Park Hong-chul
- Lee Sook as Hong-yi's mother
- Yoon Moon-sik as Park Young-gam
- Sunwoo Yong-nyeo as Song Mal-ja
- Lee Dal-hyung as Oh Young-bae
2006 Grimae Awards
- Best Actress: Yoon Eun-hye
- Best New Actor: Oh Man-seok
- Best New Actress: Yoon Eun-hye
- Best Couple: Yoon Eun-hye and Oh Man-seok
- Hwang, You-mee (10 August 2006). "Actresses venture to show their other side on TV". The Korea Herald via Hancinema. Retrieved 2013-09-05.
- "10 Hallyu Stars". The Korea Times. 14 October 2007. Retrieved 2013-09-05.
- Hong, Soo-hyun (9 October 2006). "The Vineyard Man learns he can also break hearts". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2013-09-05.