The Warriors of Qiugang
|The Warriors of Qiugang|
|Directed by||Ruby Yang|
|Produced by||Thomas Lennon
|Written by||Thomas Lennon|
|Music by||Brian Keane|
|Running time||39 minutes|
The Warriors of Qiugang (simplified Chinese: 仇岗卫士; traditional Chinese: 仇崗衛士; pinyin: Qiúgǎng Wèishì) is a 39-minute documentary film that chronicles the story of the Chinese village of Qiugang (pop. 1,900 in ca. 2010), in the suburbs of Bengbu City in Anhui Province in central-eastern China. It tells how a group of Chinese villagers put an end to the poisoning of their land and water by three chemical plants, the worst being Jiucailuo Chemical. It was directed and produced by Academy Award winners Ruby Yang and Thomas F. Lennon, respectively. Guan Xin was the field producer and cinematographer. The film was nominated for an Oscar for best Documentary Short Subject but lost to Strangers No More.
- Qiugang, Bengbu, Anhui, Google Maps
- The Warriors of Qiugang: A Chinese Village Fights Back, Yale Environment 360.
- "Detoxing" China's Huai River, Pacific Environment, 2008
- AMPAS Press Release, October 13, 2010
- Rojas, Nick (February 27, 2011). "Oscars: 'Strangers No More' wins for documentary short". Los Angeles Times Awards Tracker. Retrieved 2011-02-28.