The Winds of Dune is a science fiction novel written by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson, set in the Dune universe created by Frank Herbert. Released on August 4, 2009, it is the second book in the Heroes of Dune series and chronicles events between Frank Herbert's Dune Messiah (1969) and Children of Dune (1976). Before publication, the novel's title was initially announced as Jessica of Dune.
The novel rose to #15 on The New York Times Best Seller list in its second week of publication.
The novel opens with the Lady Jessica back on Arrakis following the disappearance of her son Emperor Paul-Muad'Dib, who according to Fremen custom has walked into the desert to die after he is blinded. The story of the friendship between Paul and Bronso Vernius is also told.
- ^ a b "Fiction Book Review: The Winds of Dune". PublishersWeekly.com. June 22, 2009. Retrieved November 21, 2013.
- ^ Anderson, Kevin J. (November 29, 2009). "Dune blog: Official Story Chronology". DuneNovels.com. Retrieved March 15, 2010.
- ^ Anderson, Kevin J. (March 23, 2007). "Sandworms of Dune blog". DuneNovels.com (Internet Archive). Archived from the original on October 29, 2007. Retrieved October 29, 2007.
- ^ Anderson, Kevin J. (April 14, 2008). "Dune blog". DuneNovels.com (Internet Archive). Archived from the original on June 20, 2008. Retrieved June 20, 2008.
- ^ "Best Sellers: Hardcover Fiction". NYTimes.com (Internet Archive). The New York Times. August 23, 2009. Retrieved November 27, 2013.