Three Rivers Community College (Connecticut)
|Three Rivers Community College|
|President||Grace Sawyer Jones|
|Location||Norwich, Connecticut, USA|
|College Board code||3558|
Three Rivers Community College (or TRCC) is a community college in Norwich, Connecticut, USA, formed in 1992 by the merger of Mohegan Community College and Thames Valley State Technical College. It is named after the three major rivers in the region: the Shetucket, the Yantic and the Thames. It is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
The College was split between the Mohegan and Thames Valley campuses on opposite sides of Norwich In 2003, the state legislature approved funding to consolidate the College at the Thames Valley campus. In 2009, the college finally consolidated into the one campus on New London Turnpike. There are also two off-campus instructional centers, one at the nearby Naval Submarine Base, the other at Ella Grasso Technical School in Groton.
In the year 2010, 5,161 students were enrolled in the College. 1,741 were full-time students, and 3,420 were part-time. 877 of these full-time students were men, and 864 were women. Sixty percent of students attending the college are female, and forty percent are male. Approximately six percent are under the age of eighteen, forty-eight percent are between the ages of eighteen and nineteen, nineteen percent are between the ages of twenty and twenty-one, ten percent are between the ages of twenty-two and twenty-four, and seventeen percent are twenty-five or older. Eight percent of students are African American, four percent are Asian American, nine percent are Hispanic, one percent is Native American, seventy three percent are Caucasian, and five percent are of unknown ethnicity. One percent of students reside out of the state of Connecticut, and the most common states of residence are Kansas, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Rhode Island.
|Full-time in-state tuition and fees at TRCC, 1990-2009|
|Years cited are the first half of the school year; for example, '2009' refers to the 2009-2010 school year, which is Fiscal Year 2010.|
For the 2013–2014 school year, the cost of tuition (not counting fees) for a full-time in-state student was $3,360.00; for a full-time out-of-state student, it was $10,080.00.
- "1992 merger marked start of consolidation dreams". Norwich Bulletin. July 9, 2003. Retrieved February 8, 2007.
- The College Board. "Three Rivers Community College: At a Glance". Retrieved February 8, 2007.
- "TRCC - About the President".
- "TRCC > About". Archived from the original on January 3, 2007. Retrieved February 8, 2007.
- New England Association of Schools & Colleges. "Postsecondary Institutions – Connecticut". Archived from the original on February 5, 2007. Retrieved February 8, 2007.
- "Costs to Attend Three Rivers Community College". CollegeCalc. Retrieved 2013-09-24.
- "Tuition & Fees - Connecticut State Colleges & Universities". Retrieved 2013-09-24.