|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (January 2011)|
|Parent company||Decca Records, London Records|
|Founder||The Moody Blues|
It was a UK subsidiary of Decca Records  and a U.S. subsidiary of London Records. The band formed this label to allow for artistically packaged gatefold covers for their LP releases, and for releasing band members' solo efforts. The first band to be signed up on this label were Westcountry rockers Asgard in 1972 who released two singles from their album, In the Realm of Asgard.
Bassist John Lodge produced the band Trapeze for the Threshold label. The rock sextet Providence also recorded for Threshold. After 1976 the Moody Blues went back to having their albums manufactured by Decca Records (and later PolyGram and Universal Records), but the Threshold company and logo were maintained over the years as a means of selling their records through their own record shop in Cobham, Surrey.
The Moody Blues subsequent albums, up to and including 1999's Strange Times, were branded 'in association with Threshold Records'.
- White label with magenta logo at top of label
- Blue label with multi-colour logo swirling from the inner edge of the label to the outer edge
- Black logo at bottom of Polydor labels
- Custom labels were also used for some releases, such as The Moody Blues' Long Distance Voyager release.
The Threshold Records shop closed its doors to the public in February 2011.
Threshold Records Discography
- THS-1 The Moody Blues: To Our Children's Children's Children (1969)
- THS-2 Trapeze: Trapeze (1970)
- THS-3 The Moody Blues: A Question of Balance (1970)
- THS-4 Trapeze: Medusa (1970)
- THS-5 The Moody Blues: Every Good Boy Deserves Favour (1971)
- THS-6 Asgard: In the Realm of Asgard (1972)
- THS-7 The Moody Blues: Seventh Sojourn (1972)
- THS-8 Trapeze: You Are the Music...We're Just the Band (1972)
- THS-9 Providence: Ever Sense the Dawn (1972)
- THS-11 Trapeze: The Final Swing (1974)
- THS-12/13 The Moody Blues: This Is The Moody Blues (1974)
- THS-14 Justin Hayward & John Lodge: Blue Jays (1975)
- THS-15 The Graeme Edge Band Featuring Adrian Gurvitz: Kick Off Your Muddy Boots (1975)
- THS-16 Ray Thomas: From Mighty Oaks (1975)
- THS-17 Ray Thomas: Hopes, Wishes and Dreams (1976)
- THS-18 Mike Pinder: The Promise (1976)
- TRL-1-2901 The Moody Blues: Long Distance Voyager (1981)
- TRL-1-2902 The Moody Blues: The Present (1983)
- 820155 The Moody Blues: Voices in The Sky: The Best of The Moody Blues (1984)
- Tobler, John (1992). NME Rock 'N' Roll Years (1st ed.). London: Reed International Books Ltd. p. 203. CN 5585.