Notting at a training session in 2007
|Full name||Tim Notting|
|Date of birth||21 October 1978|
|Place of birth||Cairns, Queensland|
|Original team||Navarre/North Ballarat Rebels|
|Draft||26th overall, 1996 AFL Draft|
|Height/Weight||188 cm / 89 kg|
|1998–2009||Brisbane Lions||208 (138)|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of 2009 season.
Australian Football League career
He was recruited by Brisbane with the number 26 draft selection in the 1996 AFL Draft from Navarre. Notting is noted for his long right foot kicking, and has played in a variety of positions over his career.
He received an AFL Rising Star nomination in 1999 and was a member of Brisbanes first two premierships in 2001 and 2002. In 2003 he missed their third consecutive premiership due to a knee injury, but he returned in 2004, playing in every game, including his 100th game. He also played in Brisbane's loss to Port Adelaide in the 2004 AFL Grand Final.
Notting celebrated his 150th game for the Lions in a come-from-behind 10-point win over Hawthorn at the Gabba. It was to be the Lions' last win for the season as they lost their final six games by an average of 51 points.
In Round 10, Notting played his 200th game in an 18-point win against North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium. In September 2009, Notting announced his retirement at the season end. He played his last game for the Lions in a 51-point loss to the Western Bulldogs in the First Semi Final at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
He is married to Australian Olympic swimmer Jodie Henry. They have one child, Emme Mai Notting, born in 2010.
- Barrett, Chris (8 July 2009) Scouts drool over Brown's NFL potential
- Lovett, Michael, ed. (2005). AFL Record Guide to Season 2005. AFL Publishing. p. 54. ISBN 0-9580300-6-5.
- Arnott, Joel. "Lions clinch hard-fought win over the Hawks". sportsaustralia.com. Archived from the original on 22 July 2006. Retrieved 11 October 2009.
- Connolly, Rohan. "Slick Lions make sloppy Roos pay the price". www.realfooty.com.au. Archived from the original on 30 May 2009. Retrieved 11 October 2009.
- Hamilton, Andrew (2009). Lions utility Tim Notting hopes to go out on a high. Courier Mail: Super Footy. Retrieved on 13 September 2009
- Reed, David. "Brave Lions fall by 51". www.lions.com.au. Archived from the original on 11 September 2009. Retrieved 11 October 2009.
- Tim Notting joins Labrador Tigers for QAFL 2010 season
- Tim Notting's profile on the official website of the Brisbane Lions
- Tim Notting's statistics from AFL Tables