Tom "Ferocious" Brosius is a former Track and field athlete and coach. He was declared an "All-American" at Kansas State University in the shot put and discus events for the 1972 season, and as of completion of the 2011 season, still holds the Maryland high school record in the shot put at 64' 6 1/2". He also held the state discus record at 184' 10" for 31 years until is was broken in 1999.
As a college athlete at Kansas State, he won the Big 8 Conference indoor shot put with a distance of 64 feet 3 1/2 inches, a throw that was the best in the nation at the college level that year. Brosious competed in both the Shot Put and Discus at outdoor meets, winning the Big 8 Conference twice in the Shot Put and once in Discus.
- "Track & Field: Men's Outdoor All-Americans". Kansas State University Athletics. Retrieved July 16, 2011.
- "MPSSAA Championship Meet Results". MPSSAA. 2011. Retrieved July 16, 2011.
- Belz, Rick (April 24, 1998). "Long, rare double record-setter Track and field: Oakland Mills' athlete broke shot-put and discus records on the same day this month and is the only male competitor to currently hold two marks". Baltimore Sun. Retrieved July 16, 2011.
- Belz, Rick (May 2, 1999). "Sprint wins sweep Wilde Lake boys past River Hill for title". Baltimore Sun. Retrieved July 16, 2011.
- Woodling, Chuck (March 3, 1973). "Rudy Second in Shot Put Despite Passing 'Barrier'". Lawrence Journal-World. Retrieved August 29, 2013.
- "Men's Outdoor Conference Team Finishes and Individual Champions". Kansas State Wildcats. Retrieved August 29, 2013.
- "Assistant Coach of the Year". Kansas Cross Country Track & Field Coaches Association. Retrieved July 16, 2011.
|This biographical article about an American shot putter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|