Too Big to Fail (book)
|Too Big to Fail: The Inside Story of How Wall Street and Washington Fought to Save the Financial System—and Themselves|
|Author||Andrew Ross Sorkin|
|October 20, 2009|
|Media type||Print (hardback & paperback)|
Too Big to Fail: The Inside Story of How Wall Street and Washington Fought to Save the Financial System—and Themselves is a non-fiction book by Andrew Ross Sorkin chronicling the events of the 2008 financial crisis and the collapse of Lehman Brothers from the point of view of Wall Street CEOs and US government regulators.  The book was released on October 20, 2009 by Viking Press.
It won the 2010 Gerald Loeb Award for Best Business Book, and was shortlisted for the 2010 Samuel Johnson Prize and the 2010 Financial Times and Goldman Sachs Business Book of the Year Award.
The book provides an overview of the financial crisis of 2007–2008 from the beginning of 2008 to the decision to create the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP). The book tells the story from the perspectives of the leaders of the major financial institutions and the main regulatory authorities.
- 2010 Gerald Loeb Award
- Shortlist 2010 Samuel Johnson Prize
- Shortlist 2010 Financial Times and Goldman Sachs Business Book of the Year Award
- Great Recession in the United States
- Meltdown (book) by historian Thomas Woods (2009)
- Too big to fail
- Sherman, Gabriel (November 8, 2009). "The Information Broker". New York. Retrieved May 23, 2011.
- Lin, Tom C. W., Too Big to Fail, Too Blind to See, 80 Mississippi Law Journal 355 (2010) . Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=2040921
- Reynolds Staff (June 29, 2010). "CNBC, NYT, Vanity Fair each take two Loeb Awards". BusinessJournalism.org. Retrieved May 23, 2011.
- Pressley, James (May 25, 2010). "Sorkin’s ‘Too Big to Fail’ Is Finalist in Samuel Johnson Prize". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved May 23, 2011.
- Ovide, Shira (October 28, 2010). "The Best Business Book of 2010: ‘Fault Lines’". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved May 23, 2011.
- Ng, Philiana (April 5, 2011). "HBO Sets 'Too Big to Fail' Premiere". Retrieved May 23, 2011.