From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up torpedo in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A torpedo, or locomotive torpedo, is a self-propelled explosive projectile that operates underwater.
Torpedo may also refer to:
- Torpedo (genus), the genus of electric rays
- More generally, any electric ray (order Torpediniformes)
- Torpedo or Torpil, a Turkish and Balkan dessert
- Liquorice torpedo
- "Syrian torpedo", English-language slang for a kibbeh, a torpedo-shaped stuffed croquette
- A thirteen-inch sandwich sold by Quizno's starting in 2009 and one of the many slang terms for a submarine sandwich in general.
- Formerly a naval mine, a stationary explosive device placed in water, to destroy vessels
- land torpedo, an obsolete term for land mine
- "Aerial torpedo", a naval term for early flying bombs and pilotless aircraft weapons
- Aerial torpedo, a self-propelled torpedo dropped into the water from aircraft
- Bangalore torpedo, an explosive device for land use
- Human torpedo, also called "Chariot", a variety of swimmer delivery vehicle of World War Two.
- Torpedo (car) car body style. An early form of usually large touring coachwork with smooth shape from front to rear
- Torpedo car (or ladle), a railroad car (wagon/carriage) used for transporting molten metal, usually from one location of a plant to another.
- Railroad torpedo, a device to warn approaching trains upon entering protected trackage
- Narco torpedo, a type of clandestine towed underwater barge used for illicit cargos
- Torpedo (comics) or Torpedo 1936, a Spanish comic book series
- Torpedo (Marvel Comics), a Marvel Comics character
- Torpedo (G.I. Joe), a character in the G.I. Joe universe
- Photon torpedo, fictional weapon popularized by the science fiction saga Star Trek
- Torpedo (Bob's Burgers), an episode of the animated series Bob's Burgers
- Torpedo, a 2012 Belgian film starring François Damiens
- FC Torpedo Kutaisi, a Georgian Football Club
- FC Torpedo Moscow, a Russian Football Club
- FC Torpedo-RG, a Russian Football Club
- FC Torpedo Zaporizhzhya, a Ukrainian Football Club
- FC Torpedo-ZIL, a defunct Russian Football Club, now FC Moscow
- FC Torpedo Zhodino, a Belarusian Football Club
- Torpedo punt, a specialised kick used in Australian Rules Football
- Torpedo system, a strategy in ice hockey
- "Thorpedo", a nickname of the Australian swimmer Ian Thorpe
- Torpedo (petroleum), explosive used in an oil well to start or increase the flow of oil
- Torpedo, Pennsylvania
- "Torpedo", 1920s slang for a hit man or "hired gun"
- "Torpedo", in American cigar slang, a cigar with a pointed tip, also called a pyramid or belicoso
- A type of drinking game (see shotgunning)
- A US beer keg with a capacity of 5.23 US gallons
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Torpedo.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.