Tribal DDB London
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2011)|
|Industry||Digital marketing, Advertising|
|Founded||1995 (rebranded as Tribal DDB in August 2000)|
|Tom Roberts, Managing Director
Michael Udell, Planning Director
Matt Ross, Creative Director
Number of employees
Founded in 1995, BMP InterAction was the primary operating arm of interactive R&D and client service provision until being rebranded as Tribal DDB in August 2000, following DDB Worldwide's merging of the interactive services arm of BMP DDB with DDB Digital. The UK branch became Tribal DDB London.
A full-service, interactive agency, Tribal DDB London work with their clients to create brand demand through digital marketing campaigns. The agency is part of the Tribal DDB Worldwide network, which is held by marketing services giant Omnicom. Clients include Volkswagen UK, Philips, The Guardian and GSK.
The recent success and growth of Tribal DDB Worldwide earned it the AdAge Global Agency Network of the Year Award 2008. Previously, it has been named Interactive Agency of the Year 2005 by Adweek, and it was the Interactive Agency of the Year at Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival 2005.
Tribal DDB London has won a number of awards. At the Interactive Marketing & Advertising Awards 2007 , it won two awards for its Get Your Face Out There campaign for Clean & Clear. Tribal DDB London also won the IAB's Creative Showcase 2007 with its Midlife Crisis Retreat  campaign for Volkswagen Passat.
In previous years, the agency has won at Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival, where its Monopoly Live campaign for Hasbro won a Gold Media Lion and was Runner-up for the Titanium Lion. Monopoly Live also won Best Use of Taxis in the 2005 Campaign Poster Awards. In the same year, the Campaign Digital Awards saw Tribal DDB London Highly Commended for the Volkswagen Golf GTi Campaign on iTV. The agency has also won two D&AD Yellow Pencils, for The Guardian's Operation Clark County, and The Volkswagen Phaeton website.
- IAB Creative Showcase First Runner-Up in August for Volkswagen BlueMotion: London to Geneva. In one take, on one tank .
- Microsoft Mouse Awards Silver in Transport & Travel category for Volkswagen Passat Midlife Crisis Retreat .
- IAB Creative Showcase Grand Prix 2007 for Most Innovative Award for Volkswagen Passat Midlife Crisis Retreat .
- February IAB Creative Showcase Winner for Volkswagen.co.uk.
- Pinnacle Bill Bernbach award for Volkswagen Night Driving .
- First digital agency network to win the Advertising Age Global Agency of the Year.
- Epica Silver in the category Interactive Campaign for Volkswagen Passat Midlife Crisis Retreat .
- Eurobest Gold in the category Interactive Campaign for Volkswagen Passat Midlife Crisis Retreat .
- ADC Award for Hasbro’s Cluedo “Cop Star”.
- MSN Silver in FMCG/Consumer goods category for J&J’s Clean & Clear “Get Your Face Out There”.
- Webby Honouree for People Profiler.
- W3: Best in Show in Video or Motion Graphics category award for Volkswagen Night Driving .
- W3 Gold in Automotive category for Volkswagen Night Driving .
- IMA Award in Best Use of Rich Media and Best Consumer Product category for Clean & Clear's “Get Your Face Out There”.