From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Turko-Iranian can refer to:
- The various Turkic and Iranian hybrid traits pertaining to culture, dynasties as well population genetics of various peoples in Central Asia, as well as parts of West Asia and South Asia. See also: Persianate, Turko-Persian Tradition
- The Oghuz and Iranian speaking countries such as Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan whose cultures have been influenced by the Perso-Islamic culture and who are a part of the Iranian Cultural Continent.
- The Turkic speaking minorities of Iran, e.g. Azeris, Qashqais. (See Iranian Turks)
- Turco-Persian society in the 15th to 17th centuries.
- A term for those living on the Iran-Turkey border.
- A term used to refer to the bilateral relations between Turkey and Iran.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Turko-Iranian.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.