University City High School (San Diego)
|University City High School|
Numquam Sordida Immundis
Clean Never Dirty
|6949 Genesee Avenue
San Diego, California 92122
|School board||San Diego Unified School District|
|Vice principal||Kathy Lorden, Christina Casillas|
|Enrollment||1,829 (approximate as of 2013)|
|Color(s)||Columbia Blue, Navy Blue, White|
School Overview 
University City High School, located in the University City section of San Diego, California, is a comprehensive, four-year public high school, part of the San Diego Unified School District. The school opened in September 1981. The school, commonly referred to as UC High, ranked 222nd in 2008 and 297th in 2009 on Newsweek's List of Best U.S. Public High Schools. In 2013, The Washington Post ranked the school as the 602nd most challenging high school in America.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2010)|
UCHS Boys Varsity Soccer- CIF Champions:2004,2005,and most recently 2011.
UCHS Boys Varsity Soccer- 2011: State semi-finalists.
UCHS Boys Varsity Basketball- 2011: Centurions 1st Division III CIF .
UCHS Girls Varsity Softball-2011,2010,2009 CIF Champions.
UCHS Boys Varsity Track and Field-2011 CIF Champions
Academic Assessment 
UCHS offers a wide range of excellent instructional programs. The Advanced Placement Program, Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) Program, the seminar program, and the special education program address the needs of identified students. UCHS students have the opportunity to take visual and performing arts courses and practical arts courses.
The school offers 15 AP classes: Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics (alternating years with B and C), Statistics, US Government, US History, European History, World History, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Art History, Studio Art, Psychology, and Spanish Language. The school also participates in the Accelerated College Program with San Diego Mesa College to offer Calculus, Linear Algebra, Discrete Mathematics, and Political Science. These classes are taught by Mesa professors on the University City High School campus.
Fall sports 
- Boys' and girls' cross country
- Field Hockey
- American football
- Girls' tennis
- Girls' volleyball
- Boys' water polo
- Color Guard
Winter sports 
Spring sports 
- Boys' Tennis
- Track and Field
- Boys' Volleyball
- Color Guard
Music Department 
Logos and School Colors 
The color palette of the school as well as their three primary logos, the UC Script, the Centurion, and the UC block logo are given below. The block logo is used as the "Varsity Letter" style for all varsity letter-earning athletes.
Notable alumni 
- Kent Ninomiya (TV news anchor, reporter and executive)
- Félix Sánchez (2x Olympic Gold Medalist)
- Matt Brock (Professional Football Player) National Football League
- Derrick Doggett (Professional football player in the CFL and NFL)
- Joe Oliveira (Professional baseball player for the Baltimore Orioles)
- Jeff Olivero, Principal, 2010–present
- Mike Price Principal, 2007–2010
- Ernie Smith Principal, 2000–2007
- Anne Bolton Principal, 1992–1999
In January 2007, a four month undercover investigation resulted in at least 15 arrests of students from University City and Patrick Henry High School. Authorities confiscated marijuana, Ecstasy, psychedelic mushrooms and prescription medications.
- "Christina Casillas, Ed.D. Vice Principal (A - Li)". Retrieved 2013-03-19.
- "University City". America's Most Challenging High Schools. The Washington Post. 2013. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- University City High School Homepage
- "UCHS Clubs and Activities". 28 Sept 2012. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-otrack/mtt/sanchez_felix00.html USC Bio